Forums > Critique > Critiques and suggestions please?

Model

AdriaMonroe

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Hello all!

I am a brand new-bie here. Trying to navigate this website and get some feedback.
What is my portfolio missing? Styles/genres/etc? I have only done a couple shoots so far but would like to add to my portfolio.

And how do you all find work? I just requested a “buddy” for assistance lol

Please send me a FR!

Xoxo
Thanks!

Mar 26 24 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I think your portfolio is missing pictures in the AZ desert! smile

Mar 26 24 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

Generally a pretty strong book.  I like that you display at least some range of facial expression, and you seem to have awareness of how to show a garment, your “good angles” , and sense of camera.

Many of the images look to be shot by the same (competent) photographer, as they are similar in composition and style. Booking with other photographers will broaden the book out.  You also are using multiple images from the same set, same outfit and in all those cases, the looks between them is not different enough to justify them all. As you accumulate more work, I would recommend culling out duplicate shots like that and going with just the very strongest one.. Multiple very similar shots (in my opinion) indicate a less experienced model who is trying to fill pages.  When I am booking, I promise that if a model has more than maybe 20 -30 images in their book, I probably will do no more than scan them quickly….and if I perceive many are from the same shoot, after looking at a couple, I’m good, don’t need to review a bunch to get the idea.

I do feel that this one : https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/48249110 is not a strong image (despite the fact it gathered some “Likes”). It sort of looks like a cell phone selfie and is not as strong as the others (then again, it is different enough from the rest of the book that it does give a bit more breadth.

This one is particularly strong in my opinion.  https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/48249059 .  Great expression and good pose, well executed and composed.

May 19 24 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Be sure to credit the photographers you work with.

May 20 24 08:58 am Link