Forums > General Industry > Browse Below 1 Million

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I often use the browse function on MM. Normally, it displays how many members that it is searching through.. For quite a while, the function shows it is searching through over 1 million active members. However, when I checked today, it shows 998,912 members. I can only surmise that MM is experiencing a serious downturn that it may not recover from. Being stagnate in your offering has never been a great way to operate a business.

May 16 24 08:38 am Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

I remember reading a comment in another thread that MM is working on removing inactive members.  Maybe that's really happening.

May 16 24 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Maybe. The number is the total still listed for all of time. However, only 121142 people are listed as logging in during the last 365 days.

May 16 24 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

Dorola wrote:
I can only surmise that MM is experiencing a serious downturn that it may not recover from.

This is not a new thing,
And yet, I can't find a better option.

I mean, sure, other things exists,
and yet they don't really work for me.

May 20 24 04:15 am Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Chris Macan wrote:

This is not a new thing,
And yet, I can't find a better option.

I mean, sure, other things exists,
and yet they don't really work for me.

I found the same thing. I closed down my Facebook and Instagram pages because all I got in contact with was time wasters and people inappropriate for modelling. I think one of the reasons that people don't come or stay is because it takes a little more work to make and maintain a profile.

May 20 24 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I've noticed the number of "Friends" I have has decreased significantly.  Usually I've done some housecleaning .. as in dropping those that have not been on MM for years, but I think the admin is removing profiles now.

May 20 24 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

rxz wrote:
I remember reading a comment in another thread that MM is working on removing inactive members.  Maybe that's really happening.

I'm pretty sure that they are removing inactive accounts.

May 20 24 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Dorola wrote:

I found the same thing. I closed down my Facebook and Instagram pages because all I got in contact with was time wasters and people inappropriate for modelling. I think one of the reasons that people don't come or stay is because it takes a little more work to make and maintain a profile.

I have found it advantageous to use Facebook, and Instagram.  There are many models who may or may not have a profile here.  If they are on here, and have other profiles on social media profiles, the communication is far easier on other messaging tools than MM's for sure!

May 20 24 02:30 pm Link