Forums > General Industry > Model (and other crew) rates around the world?

Photographer

Ben McPhee

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a resource that gives a rough (but reasonably accurate) estimate of what people charge for their services in various countries?

I'm mostly wondering about Models, but also everything else that goes into a shoot, including:

- Hair
- Makeup
- Stylists
- Photographers
- Videographers
- Studio Rental

I know those figures and their true value is going to vary a lot by style of the shoot, local currency, cost of living, and it may change if a model travels and they choose to match the market rate wherever they go, and potentially how and where the shoot is used, but I am just wondering if it's significantly cheaper to create, or more profitable to work in some parts of the world than others?

If there isn't resource like that but you can speak to the "standard" rates (and/or high end rates) where you are, I'd love to hear. smile

Jun 30 23 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Aisbarika

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Ben McPhee wrote:
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a resource that gives a rough (but reasonably accurate) estimate of what people charge for their services in various countries?

I'm mostly wondering about Models, but also everything else that goes into a shoot, including:

- Hair
- Makeup
- Stylists
- Photographers
- Videographers
- Studio Rental

I know those figures and their true value is going to vary a lot by style of the shoot, local currency, cost of living, and it may change if a model travels and they choose to match the market rate wherever they go, and potentially how and where the shoot is used, but I am just wondering if it's significantly cheaper to create, or more profitable to work in some parts of the world than others?

If there isn't resource like that but you can speak to the "standard" rates (and/or high end rates) where you are, I'd love to hear. smile

There is no "Standard" rate. Just what an individual model will accept.
I don't work with Agency models because I want the model themself to have the payment in full.
I've paid $20/hr. to $100/hr. I don't pay over $100/hr. and that's rare when I do.

I've only paid that once every four years.

Jul 06 23 09:15 am Link