Forums > Photography Talk > Mamiya 645 1000s

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

I have a TLR and wanted to invest in a better medium format setup.  I found the reviews on this camera to be overwhelmingly positive (odd, because it always seems like there's some negativity easily found in product reviews) and that it's a good, serious starter system in medium format.  I purchased one yesterday from adorama and should receive it in a few days.

I'd like to hear if anyone here is familiar with the camera and your thoughts.  Tips?  Problems?  Likes?  Dislikes?  Favorite lenses used?  Anything you'd like to share.  Thanks.

Dec 05 05 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I'd be most interested in your personal review of it as I'm looking in to medium format systems...

Dec 05 05 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Oakley

Cocoa, Florida, US

i love mamiya cameras.. i have played with a few.. but own a ltr mamiya c330.. quite simply.. i love the camera.. i cant beat the clarity unless i break out the 4x5.. lol..

chris

Dec 05 05 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

raveneyes wrote:
I'd be most interested in your personal review of it as I'm looking in to medium format systems...

I'll probably have a decent assessment around Jan.  With the holidays and some other projects, I probably won't be able to focus on it until then.  I'll definitely get back to you on that, though.

Dec 05 05 07:35 pm Link

Model

Riki

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

I just got a Mamiya 645AFD not long ago, and I love it, it handle like a 35mm, although, I haven't shot enough on it yet. But so far so good.

Dec 05 05 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

StevenDJ

Holland, Michigan, US

I have used a 1000s for years and an 645E for backup. Built solid, have a 55mm, 70mm leaf shutter, 80mm, 150mm, 210mm and a 55-110mm zoom. Don't use the 55-110 much since I stopped doing weddings.

Steven

Dec 05 05 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

If you have the $$$, i would go for the hasselblad HD1. wish I had an extra $25k laying around.

Dec 07 05 07:55 am Link

Photographer

TheScarletLetterSeries

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, US

You can pick up quite a bit of information on Mamiya cameras at their site, www.mamiya.com

Good information is also available on related products distributed by MAC

Ken

Anyone have any personal reviews on the new 645AFD II vs. the 645AFD?  I'm particularly interested in hearing about experiences with the new focusing system....

Dec 07 05 08:11 am Link