Forums > Photography Talk > Business proposal? LOL

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I received a business proposal from this "agency"... haven't replied and not really planning on it at this point. Apparently, they charge $220 to all new models to work with their photographers (I guess they wanted to make me one), and they claim to have had models appear in magazines like Vibe. Hm.

The site is terrible, and has some of the worst grammar I've yet to see on what is supposedly a professional homepage. A site or ad with terrible grammar spells amateur to me. Oh, and here's what they say about those of us developing (or re-developing, in my case) our portfolios:

"Beware of "TFP" photo shoots. Photographers use those types of shoots to get unaware aspiring models to take pictures for them that they turn around and sell without notifying the models. So what the model ends up doing is making the photographer money while they walk away with pictures that will not get them any results when it comes to the solicitation of themselves. Are you confused to why you are not being selected as much as you want to? Those types of shoots are one dimensional and lack the eye that is needed to qualify in the "print/commercial" world of modeling."

I'm sorry to tell them, but my photos have helped get some of my models some decent paying jobs in the past. :shrug:

I'll be nice and not post a link... PM me if you want the name of the company. They don't have a proper domain name, and the guy sent me an e-mail from a Yahoo account. None of it sounds right. (Nothing wrong with Yahoo, but shouldn't they have an e-mail like "[email protected]"?)

I'll be happy to get a little agency work when my book is ready again, but something local and legit, thanks.

Dec 07 05 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

All you have to do to bust these fools wide open is write or call them back and ask, "Who at Vibe/Vogue/Marvel Comics/U.S. Government can I contact to verify you?"

Them --> *click* hangs up the phone or zzzzzzzzzz (no e-mail reply).

Dec 07 05 12:38 pm Link