Forums > General Industry > expecting free forum posting on MM

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

Why do MM beginners expect me and other professional posters to post on the forums for free?  I am always getting requests, usually accompanied by a ridiculous amount of eyelash fluttering, “Oh, you are so intelligent and witty, I just LOVE your posts [flutter-flutter], can you post some more?â€?  Look, do any of you have any idea how much WORK it is to learn English grammar?  The years of study needed to be able to SPELL?  And don’t get me going on touch typing.  This doesn’t even begin to cover the costs of computers, wear and tear on the keyboard, and monthly ISP bills.  It is fine for you amateurs to just put up on the forums anything that comes to mind without regard to quality but us professional forum posters have to pay attention to quality or we are out on the street.  It is a jungle out there.  So post away and talk to each other for free if you like, whatever floats your boat, but don’t expect top quality forum posts from professionals if you aren’t willing to pay for it.

Feb 27 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Well, there is pro bono work... smile

Feb 27 06 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Harrison Sweazea

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

TFP=Top Forum Poster??
So THAT's what it means!!?!

LOL

Feb 27 06 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Hoot

Picayune, Mississippi, US

Will post for manicure.

With paid travel.

Feb 27 06 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

I am no longer accepting offers to post for free. Please submit a payment of $10 for this notification (special pricing, this week only. But wait, there's more! pay today and receive a free set of Ginsu knives!)

Wm

Feb 27 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Well there is always Barber School

If ya dont make it in Professional Poster School.....

(:-------

Hj

Feb 27 06 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

Hey! You are eating up my bandwidth! Go find another hole to crawl in.
You arogant ass...I can't beleive you come on here with your pompASS attitude. As a Professional Poster I find it in poor taste that you would withhold your talent over something a SMALL as MONEY!

Sure sure, we spend a lot of money on wireless keyboards so we can post from the bathroom. But nobody made us POSTERS, we were drawn to it.

If you are so GOOD, go get your own website. This is a family place you BUTTHOLE.
This is a place of love and sharing, you cream puff!

This is a place where like minded people can come and share their ideas for free..sharing nothing but positive vibes and openess with out fear of being ridiculed...you butt munching jerk from a lost land.

A place where wearing your heart on your sleeve is welcomed, free of reprisals. You scum bucket, yellow bellied moron.

A place of true love and artistry, you talentless troll.

I'm calling BCG! YOu will be sooooooo sorry!

Feb 27 06 01:33 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Awesome post...This is how silly you look when you complain about tfp folks!!

Feb 27 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

William Coleman

New York, New York, US

All good points, Ivan.  Just email me your bank info - bank name, account number, online login and password - and I'll make a withdrawal, I mean, deposit directly into your account.  :-)

Feb 27 06 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

As Jack would say: Pay me now.

Feb 27 06 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Your errors in syntax and especially punctuation are egregious. Please correct them!

Feb 27 06 05:51 pm Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

This is a joke right? You wont post on a forum unless someone pays you? I've never heard of such thing. I doubt ANYONE would pay you to post on a forum so thereore I doubt your a PRO at forum posting. Cause then you'd be some rich amateur photographer, Right?

LOL!

Feb 27 06 05:54 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

CO Model Amber wrote:
This is a joke right? You wont post on a forum unless someone pays you? I've never heard of such thing. I doubt ANYONE would pay you to post on a forum so thereore I doubt your a PRO at forum posting. Cause then you'd be some rich amateur photographer, Right?

LOL!

I think my brain just turned into jello.

Feb 27 06 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Nemi wrote:

Good thing the pot is close to it...

Feb 27 06 06:06 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

James Jackson wrote:

Good thing the pot is close to it...

Actually, the pot protects me from catching the stupid.

Feb 27 06 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Nemi wrote:

Actually, the pot protects me from catching the stupid.

Oh you'll need something much bigger and thicker than that, sweetie.

May I suggest:

https://www.senocular.com/pub/kirupa/armor.jpg

Feb 27 06 06:12 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Ivan123 wrote:
...So post away and talk to each other for free if you like, whatever floats your boat, but don’t expect top quality forum posts from professionals if you aren’t willing to pay for it.

If you can deliver a magic formula in your eloquent words of wisdom that can make me infinitely rich, you will get paid in kind. smile

Feb 27 06 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

CO Model Amber wrote:

LOL!

"LOL" all you want, but you'd be surprised.  I get about $40 per hour to post... give or take $50.  It's serious business.  Perhaps you expect to receive intellectually stimulating discussion for free but I don't think that's fair.  Should everything be handed to you? 

As a matter of fact, I'm done providing you with intelligent insights.  Pay me now or I won't say anything else...

Feb 27 06 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

CO Model Amber wrote:

LOL!

I am actually impressed.  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would get to 11 replies before someone took this seriously.  This thread might be an MM "personal best" for detection of sarcasm.  But then, maybe this poster is having ME on.  One can never know.

Feb 27 06 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

Nemi wrote:

I think I'm in love.

Feb 27 06 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

Since you just read this, your getting my invoice

Feb 27 06 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

Dan  Hood  MM/Moderator wrote:
Since you just read this, your getting my invoice

And your check will be in the mail.

Feb 27 06 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Even if I don't like your look, if you agree to do the dishes, I'll take some pictures and give you the pep talk.

Feb 27 06 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Gunter

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

I will only post for free if there are no managers involved.

Feb 27 06 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

artist

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Ivan123 wrote:
Why do MM beginners expect me and other professional posters to post on the forums for free?  I am always getting requests, usually accompanied by a ridiculous amount of eyelash fluttering, “Oh, you are so intelligent and witty, I just LOVE your posts [flutter-flutter], can you post some more?â€?  Look, do any of you have any idea how much WORK it is to learn English grammar?  The years of study needed to be able to SPELL?  And don’t get me going on touch typing.  This doesn’t even begin to cover the costs of computers, wear and tear on the keyboard, and monthly ISP bills.  It is fine for you amateurs to just put up on the forums anything that comes to mind without regard to quality but us professional forum posters have to pay attention to quality or we are out on the street.  It is a jungle out there.  So post away and talk to each other for free if you like, whatever floats your boat, but don’t expect top quality forum posts from professionals if you aren’t willing to pay for it.

Very cute.  I guess someone needed to say it wink

But seriously, posting *real* thoughtful responses to people does take time, effort, and a bit of mind power.  It doesn't just happen randomly - as most posts seem to.

One thing the Internet *has* done is lead to the amazing breakdown of any spelling, grammar and even sentence structure the English language had.  I wonder if it's as bad in other languages, since I only speak English fluently enough to know.

Oops.  Maybe I should have used a grammar checker on this.

Scott
aka Bodyartist

Feb 27 06 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

Matthew Allen

New York, New York, US

James Jackson wrote:

Oh you'll need something much bigger and thicker than that, sweetie.

May I suggest:

https://www.senocular.com/pub/kirupa/armor.jpg

NONE SHALL PASS!!!

Feb 27 06 11:04 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

Watch it now or Tyler might turn this place into a pay site!  And then ala Myspace we'll have to be one of the first 300 people to post a bulletin, turn twice in our chair, stand on our pinkie toe and recite the National Anthem backwards or else our profiles will be deleted!

Feb 28 06 01:10 am Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

Brandon Smith wrote:
Watch it now or Tyler might turn this place into a pay site!  And then ala Myspace we'll have to be one of the first 300 people to post a bulletin, turn twice in our chair, stand on our pinkie toe and recite the National Anthem backwards or else our profiles will be deleted!

WAITAMINNIT....You mean YOU didn't have to do that?????????

Feb 28 06 01:16 am Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

Second Glance wrote:
WAITAMINNIT....You mean YOU didn't have to do that?????????

I've got a secret code that will help you generate a 3000 person friends list if you'll just repost this saying that Brandon is the coolest model ever!

Feb 28 06 01:18 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Gotham Photo wrote:
NONE SHALL PASS!!!

I have no quarrel with you, brave Sir knight, but I must cross this bridge.

Feb 28 06 01:32 am Link