Forums > General Industry > Photos and their releases....

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured for general....

I'd like to hire a stylist to give a fresh eye to my wardrobe for the upcoming shoots I have this month.  Aside from actual payment I also wanted to provide him or her with copies of the processed  photos from the shoots. (at least those that feature the outfits the stylist had chosen).

The questions are.... a) Would I need to have the photographer's permission to do so?  and b) Would I need to have the stylist sign a release to be provided to the photographer?

I wanted to throw these out there before I posted a casting call.

Thanks guys!

Mar 04 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Brandon Smith wrote:
I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured for general....

I'd like to hire a stylist to give a fresh eye to my wardrobe for the upcoming shoots I have this month.  Aside from actual payment I also wanted to provide him or her with copies of the processed  photos from the shoots. (at least those that feature the outfits the stylist had chosen).

The questions are.... a) Would I need to have the photographer's permission to do so?  and b) Would I need to have the stylist sign a release to be provided to the photographer?

I wanted to throw these out there before I posted a casting call.

Thanks guys!

It's all up to the photographer....the answer to A would be "yes" and the answer to B would be "if the photographer wants to".

This is a situation entirely up to the photographer...not the model...to arrange.

Mar 04 06 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Meade

Atlanta, Georgia, US

as far as a release from the the stylist... no.

as far as prints for the stylist,  you might ask the photographer to provide more, or you might have to pay for the prints for the stylist, but definately DON'T scan or reprint the images yourself for the stylist...a big no no.

Usually the Photograher sets up stylists, and works out a prior arrangement.

Mar 04 06 01:03 pm Link

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

I understand the above...however the reason I'm setting it up is that the shoots are tfp and I'm looking for a fresh approach to my closet - a new eye so to speak so I thought I'd try something new.  In all of the cases I'll simply be receiving the jpeg version of the photos for my portfolio but realized that before I post that I'd like to offer photos to the stylist hired that I'd ask around and get a general opinion. 

But yes, you're right in asking the actual photographer his/her opinion as well.

Thanks!

Mar 04 06 01:07 pm Link