Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Note to taxpayers

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

For all of you that paid taxes this year, I thank you.

I paid $500 in taxes, but I am getting $5,000 back. Thanks to the "earned" income tax credit vote buying program. Do you think it is fair I get back $4,500 MORE than I paid in because I am poor but have bred children? (Not really poor just able to write off 100% of income from a contract courier job)

Don't worry I will be a good steward of YOUR money. I am having some much needed dental work done and buying a better computer. (nothing fancy $500 or less). I am buying a microwave that I can hook to an inverter for hurricane season and if money permits buying the wife a vehicle.

So once again, I thank you for the use of your money.

Mar 07 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

such ingratitude mike. here you are getting a nice windfall courtesy of lefty libs just cuz you're po' ...but you always stick up for that bunch that hates people like you and bends over backwards for the ones who have more loot than they could use in 20 lifetimes.
honestly, it doesn't bother me at all if my taxes go to help a poor person get a decent computer or to keep his ole jalopy running. it bothers me alot to see a billion a week burned up in iraq though. that's a real waste of my taxes.

Mar 07 06 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

BCG lives

Mar 07 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

qphotonyc wrote:
such ingratitude mike. here you are getting a nice windfall courtesy of lefty libs just cuz you're po' ...but you always stick up for that bunch that hates people like you and bends over backwards for the ones who have more loot than they could use in 20 lifetimes.
honestly, it doesn't bother me at all if my taxes go to help a poor person get a decent computer or to keep his ole jalopy running. it bothers me alot to see a billion a week burned up in iraq though. that's a real waste of my taxes.

Not ingratitude, I am very grateful of the windfall, I also know that this is not free money. This money came from someone that paid taxes. So why am I getting their money? I am making a profit because I put Tab A into Slot B and scored a direct hit. (twice) Nothing more.

Why pay me extra for that? The only reason I can see is to buy my vote. I am surpised they don't make you register to vote in order to get the "earned" income tax credit like they do when you go to the county health department.

Mar 07 06 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

my taxes are paid wheter poor folks get any of it or not. like i sed, i'd rather it go to you or any other american who really needs it than to that wasteful war. the war is a billion a week. how much is paid out in earned income credits a year? i doubt its anywhere close to $50 billion.

Mar 07 06 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

qphotonyc wrote:
my taxes are paid wheter poor folks get any of it or not. like i sed, i'd rather it go to you or any other american who really needs it than to that wasteful war. the war is a billion a week. how much is paid out in earned income credits a year? i doubt its anywhere close to $50 billion.

I understand you do not want to fund a war, what I don't understand is why you would want to fund someone JUST for breeding. Granted that money in my hands will do more to further the economy than if left in some rich man's hands. I will spend it. They will save it.

Thing is are you rich? If I may be so bold, how much did you pay in taxes this year? How much of my windfall was your money? Or are you one of those people that talk about being taxed to death, but got all your money back? (sounds accusatory but it is not meant to be)

Mar 07 06 01:05 pm Link