Forums > General Industry > Funny things in models' profiles.

Photographer

Kruse Images

ST JOHN, Mississippi, US

I saw something funny here the other day.....a model that doesn't do nudes but says on her port her nipples and hood are pierced....?...why give that info if you don't do nudes? Anyway thought it was kinda funny.

Mar 08 06 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Blei Photography

Seattle, Washington, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:
Right on!  Let's go out of our way to mock models some more!  The photographer/model relationship definitely isn't antagonistic enough already!

Come on, guys.  I saw the same profile yesterday, and even had the same moment of exasperation, but you know what?  I closed it and kept moving.  There's no reason to carry this stuff around with you.  Let it go.  For every annoying new model who won't shoot with you, there are two eager ones who will.  Find them, shoot with them, have a great time.  Why spend time worrying on a bone that won't change?

This is the mature response and I think everyone should respect it.

OK everyone, let's all gang up and pick on Sita Mae!

(her pictures are very nice, btw)

Mar 08 06 03:40 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Sita Mae Edwards wrote:
The photographer/model relationship definitely isn't antagonistic enough already!

Agreed.  This site could really use a break from all the "models are flakes" and "photographers are perverts" threads.  Depending on what's said, people who start 'em or really get into contributing to them run the risk of looking unprofessional or scaring previously interested people away.

Yes, there are inexperienced people with unreasonable demands.  On both sides of the fence.  Ignore 'em and move on.  There are tons of other people elsewhere worth working with. smile

And no, I didn't read the whole thread.  The first page was enough. :p

Mar 08 06 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Latent Image64

Hingham, Massachusetts, US

Kitapanda wrote:
I thought this was gonna be about models who actually put funny things in their profile. Like so:

Hi, my name is Kita and I love Dilbert.
https://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/images/dilbert2006020523365.jpg
If you love dilbert, drop me a line, I'd love to collaborate.

That would be groovy.

I like Dilbert.
I have a camera.
Damn! I live in Boston.

Oh well, two out of three aint bad.

Mar 08 06 06:36 pm Link

Model

Autumn Bleuu

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
1)  I see nothing wrong or "funny" about a model choosing to be very selective about the photographers willing to pose on a TFP/TFCD basis. 

2)  I see nothing wrong with models wishing financial compensation for their time posing, regardless of their experience.

I'm one of those photographers who think TFP/TFCD is a raw deal for models -- in fact, I think it's exploitation.  I am also of the opinion that using sarcasm & scorn for models who want/need compensation (more than the TFP/TFCD) is counterproductive.

My bottom line:  if you don't like the deal being offered, either make a counter offer or walk away -- ragging on models in general is unprofessional, immature, and gives us considerate photographers a bad name.

Exactly! Thank you Looknsee Photography for saying that.  smile These threads are getting a bit insensitive and ridiculous to me.  How would you (photographers) like us (models) to make a thread about how there are far too many photographers on MM that sit high on their horses and act like they have sticks up their butt? lmao  I've seen them on here, and far more often than any other model networking site online! lol So have a piece of humble pie already and stop being so quick to rag on models all the time.  If a model thinks she is worth being paid (experienced or not, hot photos or not), then that is her standard...and it is not for any of you  (photographers) to judge on.  I've seen some photograhers on here who don't have such hot work.  In fact not even good work.  But they want the best (most experienced) models to work with for TFP/TFCD, or even worse they want the models to pay them for photo shoots.  There are plenty of models on here who have seen this...but do any of us start threads ragging on photographers?  No it's pointless and silly. So cut the crappy threads about models already.  It is very unprofessional looking like Looknsee Photography stated.   No offense, but it's the plain truth.

Mar 08 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

LimbSys Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Well, just to get my nose brown, and with the admission that I am relatively new, I haven't met the model yet that wasn't worth every ounce of respect I could offer and I value every bit of photographic advice I have received on here from other shooters. I'm in complete accord with the "this thread is stupid" school of thought.

Mar 08 06 07:38 pm Link