Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > I hate all you floridians and californians

Model

Brandon Smith

San Diego, California, US

I can't read what the last posts just said, the sun is in my eyes. 

Oh well... at least you guys KNOW how to drive in inclimate weather.  One sprinkle of water...hell, it could be from the car in front of you washing their windshield...and the whole SoCal freeway system goes into panic mode :-)

Mar 09 06 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
Just wanted you to know that.  smile

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Terry-Breedlove/solduck/snow.jpg

Oh My GoD!  That must've been one hell of a fire!  I know we had a lot of ashes on our cars during last winter's heat wave and subsequent fire storms...BUT MAN!!  The ashes are EVERYWHERE where you live!

Mar 09 06 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

Silver Dragon Photos

Tacoma, Washington, US

Did someone say snow?

These were taken the week before xmas in Spokane, WA...

(I wanna go to the beach!! Ahh) lol

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/sdragon3000/Loof_Carousel_01a.jpg

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/sdragon3000/Clocktower.jpg

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/sdragon3000/carriage_and_horses_a.jpg

Mar 09 06 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

2nd Floor Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Its hunky dorey until June.  Then it tends to get a bit windy and we have a little rain. smile  Usually it comes in a giant swirling mass of doom.

Brian
~miami~

Mar 09 06 09:00 pm Link

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

See it is so unfair you have all the prettiest models and the sunny weather and warm beaches !

There are pretty models in NYC, and our weather is not sunny and warm sexy beaches, lol. smile

Mar 10 06 09:02 am Link

Photographer

nrvphotography

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

We had snow on Monday and should be near 80 for my Saturday shoot! (My secret ambition is to move to Florida though!)  smile

Mar 10 06 09:12 am Link

Photographer

NameChanged

Kansas City, Missouri, US

You all need to come to Missouri !!!
If you don't like the weather here just wait an hour or two and it will change.

Mar 10 06 09:18 am Link

Photographer

B Ellis Photography

Arlington, Texas, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

Hey, let's not leave us Texans out of the hate party!  It's only going to be 85 degrees here in Dallas today.  YI HAW!!!  The trees are already starting to bloom!

Mar 10 06 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Awwwwww... now Terry... put down that bottle of 'Haterade'... show us the love dude... wink

Mar 10 06 10:53 am Link

Model

SuzyMae SuzyMae

New York, New York, US

Heheh, don't hate! wink  We'll be envious when July and August comes, and we're being bombarded with hurricanes and disgusting heat/humidity.  But that's when I'm gonna get the hell outta FL... no more storms for me, thank you very much. smile

Mar 10 06 10:56 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I am visiting California right now and I HATE it. Only one temperature with 10 degree variables ALL year round. Nice warm place to visit but I would rather be sitting by a fire watching the snow... 

big_smile

Mar 10 06 11:34 am Link

Photographer

*2E*

Yorba Linda, California, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

you don't want my house payment dude...trust me!

Mar 10 06 11:36 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

See it is so unfair you have all the prettiest models and the sunny weather and warm beaches !

Actually it was funny, when I posted my travel notifications I had a swarm of photographers say; "YES! Finally! Someone without fake blonde hair and fake boobs!!"

big_smile

Mar 10 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

FabioTovar

Culver City, California, US

Spanish Eyes wrote:
Idiots like you give this site a bad name............this is not "MY SPACE" and I feel that you need to grow up............after that comment.............who wants to work with you??.................Get a life and yes............pass me the tanning lotion please................

Aye tink ju gif esponish peepo ha bud naime tawkin krhap liek dis. don be so angrrree panda berrr sum whuang whuill ped ju.

Mar 10 06 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Just so you know Florida is not all beach and blondes...
https://truelocal.net/~trollkiller/flowers.jpg

Mar 10 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

terry, that's why we have studios here in the snowy PNW.  It was nice to watch the snow fall, though ... we didn't have much stick where I live, but it was awesome to see./tim

Mar 10 06 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

its 80f - 100f plus and it stays that way all year round in the top end of australia. 65f, would be a nice break though.

Mar 10 06 02:28 pm Link

Model

Sabrina Couture

Toronto, Iowa, US

I live in Richmond Hill, Canada. We have had more snow this past winter than in any of those pictures! Blah! Can someone who lives in CA or FL be kind enough to FedEx me some sand tongue lol

Mar 10 06 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Sabrina Couture wrote:
I live in Richmond Hill, Canada. We have had more snow this past winter than in any of those pictures! Blah! Can someone who lives in CA or FL be kind enough to FedEx me some sand tongue lol

Send me your address and I'll send you some of the whites, softest sand you an imagine!!!

Mar 10 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

J Sigerson

Los Angeles, California, US

Well I'm in California and it's FREEZING! I had to put on slippers and a shirt just to go have a cigarette on the patio. It even rained recently.

Posts like this give myspace a bad name. wink

Mar 10 06 02:43 pm Link

Model

Sabrina Couture

Toronto, Iowa, US

easyonthe eyes wrote:
Well I'm in California and it's FREEZING! I had to put on slippers and a shirt just to go have a cigarette on the patio. It even rained recently.

Posts like this give myspace a bad name. wink

I was there just like two weeks ago, but everyone told me I was lucky that it was so warm there.

*stands up with pride* I am an active myspace user! LOL

Mar 10 06 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

runswithwind

Panglao, Central Visayas, Philippines

Hey what about Hawaii........we had two FEET of rain in TWO days here on the windward coast of Oahu...............I need sun!!!!

Mar 10 06 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Star

I live 45 minutes from the beach and 45 minutes from the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains. We have weather...

Star

Mar 10 06 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

J Sigerson

Sabrina Couture wrote:

I was there just like two weeks ago, but everyone told me I was lucky that it was so warm there.

*stands up with pride* I am an active myspace user! LOL

Sabrina, not only am I Canadian, and a myspace user, but I have a firm rule against offending beautiful teenage French-Canadian girls. It's how I was raised.

Mar 11 06 01:24 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Ashton Shane wrote:
LOL, I just moved from FL to CA. Now I'm bicoastal to both the states you hate! I love the weather in CA but nothing beats FL...especially South Beach.

Ashton

*gasp* You traded our hurricanes for their earthquakes??
Biggest difference I've noticed otherwise is that Cali beaches are rocky & the water is COLD
I mean DAMN, in August when it's 100 degrees in LA you need a wetsuit!

Mar 11 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Ariette wrote:
There are pretty models in NYC, and our weather is not sunny and warm sexy beaches, lol. smile

Oh sure, I mean THIS looks cozy
https://www.johnrosenthal.com/graphics/city-tn/tn-street-times-square-blizzard.jpg
Should I feel bad that we're in shorts drinking iced tea with the porch doors & windows open & the ceiling fan on high?  smile
If it makes all you snowbound types feel better, the pollen count is REALLY high & aggravating my allergies!

Mar 11 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Sabrina Couture wrote:

I'd offer to fly you down for a weekend as the price for a shoot, but I don't work with anyone under 18
That's OK, the cold builds character wink

Mar 11 06 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

UCPhotog

Hartford, Connecticut, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:

20 miles from me we had a 28 car pile up due to the inclement weather (ok, really due to people that don't know how to drive in this weather). It killed 2 persons. It was snowing and hailing last night - in OAKLAND. Thunder and lightning combined with snow and hail.

I lived for 30 years in south central Connecticut. I can deal with the weather. I can drive in it as well. I just wished others could.

EDIT: Someone mentioned hurricanes traded for quakes. A big quake hits maybe every 10 years. One you can actually feel might hit 3-6 times a year. Yeah, there are lots of earthquakes every day. But you really don't feel anything less than a 3.0 (unless you are right on top of it).

Marc Stevenson
UCPhoto

Mar 11 06 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

I did manage to get out and take some shots in the snow and bad weather.

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Terry-Breedlove/Misc/barnsnow.jpg

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Terry-Breedlove/Misc/lighthouse.jpg

Mar 13 06 10:12 am Link

Model

Ariette

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

SLE Photography wrote:

Oh sure, I mean THIS looks cozy
https://www.johnrosenthal.com/graphics/city-tn/tn-street-times-square-blizzard.jpg
Should I feel bad that we're in shorts drinking iced tea with the porch doors & windows open & the ceiling fan on high?  smile
If it makes all you snowbound types feel better, the pollen count is REALLY high & aggravating my allergies!

And Florida is very humid, bad for my hair. sad So I'll stay here, or go to Cali, I heard the Humidity there is not as bad as FL.

Mar 13 06 11:07 am Link