Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Question of the day - (by 00siris)

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

If you could live the next 25 years of in total content and bliss but on the very last day of those 25 years you'd surely die, would you do it?

Explain

Mar 15 06 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

James S

Spokane Valley, Washington, US

No, I don't think I would. I just don't think it would be possible to be content, knowing when it's my time to go.

I'm content as it is, living my life as I am, not knowing my time to die.

Mar 15 06 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

00siris wrote:
If you could live the next 25 years of in total content and bliss but on the very last day of those 25 years you'd surely die, would you do it?

Explain

Absolutely. In fact, sounds like what I've always thought that it SHOULD be like. Ironically, it's shaping up to be exactly like that after all, so I really can't complain.

Mar 15 06 03:20 pm Link

Model

Model Mel

I'd have to agree with the whole dying aspect,I don't want to know when my number is up so the whole 25 years I would be miserable knowing for sure on that specific date I would die. I honeslty think people would become better people knowing there time was up. Thats just it though, you never know but tomorrow is never promised to us.....

Mar 15 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Melany Wells wrote:
I'd have to agree with the whole dying aspect,I don't want to know when my number is up so the whole 25 years I would be miserable knowing for sure on that specific date I would die. I honeslty think people would become better people knowing there time was up. Thats just it though, you never know but tomorrow is never promised to us.....

Ahhhh, but the question presupposes that this phenomenon would somehow even allow you to be ok with thought of knowing about your final day. Or maybe when your wish is granted you'd forget about the deal.

Point is - no matter what, you'd be content and/or in total bliss

Mar 15 06 04:40 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

00siris wrote:

Explain

Yes! I don't want to get really old anyway.

Mar 15 06 04:46 pm Link

Model

Natalie Lynn

Chicago, Illinois, US

Most definitely!

Don't want to grow old...and who needs the bad times...sure, they teach you a lesson...but I'd rather read about it in a book...lol!

Nat

Mar 15 06 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

00siris wrote:

Explain

Hell no... the spice of life would be missing.

You'd be probably bored out of your mind after 4 years and in the 7th year, you'd start looking for ways to get out of this devils bargain...

We are not designed to be content for a very long time, we need excitement, dangers, change and challenges. Only that way we grow as humans and our souls as well.

Mar 15 06 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:

You'd be probably bored out of your mind after 4 years and in the 7th year, you'd start looking for ways to get out of this devils bargain...

We are not designed to be content for a very long time, we need excitement, dangers, change and challenges. Only that way we grow as humans and our souls as well.

hmmmm

Mar 15 06 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

anyone else????

Mar 15 06 08:00 pm Link

Model

CristinaLex

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

00siris wrote:

hmmmm

I agree wit ya Udor

Mar 15 06 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:

are you saying that I've been living a lie for the past 7 years? lol - just kidding

However I will say this - one can argue that excitement can certainly fall under the "content" umbrella. It ought not be assumed that only adversity presents challenges.

Also, for some people even some hardships are not viewed as burdensome - as such, they would not necessarily be bored all the time and can, thus remain content.

just a thought

Mar 15 06 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Hell yeah. I'll most likely kill myself before next 25 years come to an end anyway. I hate old people and will do all in my power to not become one. Freaking grumpy miserable creatures. I choose death to becoming one of them.

Mar 15 06 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

jac3950

Freedom, New Hampshire, US

00siris wrote:
in total content and bliss

No way.... sounds way too boring. Where's the mayhem?

Mar 15 06 08:47 pm Link

Model

Yanique

BRONX, New York, US

I would live each day to its fullest...but isn't that what we should be doing anyway b/c none of us know when our time is up....

Mar 15 06 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

jac3950 wrote:

No way.... sounds way too boring. Where's the mayhem?

lol

Mar 15 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Kerry Johnston wrote:
I would live each day to its fullest...but isn't that what we should be doing anyway b/c none of us know when our time is up....

indeed

Mar 16 06 12:40 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

OK - new question tomorrow

Mar 16 06 01:39 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

hey buddy,   your questions are cool but your NAME in the title.   

what the f.

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/jacktruth/10.jpg

Do not fight the spam man.

He can do cool stuff.

Mar 16 06 01:43 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

I think that knowing I would live for 25 years guaranteed? and happy? Oh sure, why not. No lingering illnesses, no getting too old...wouldn't be a long time but a guarantee. I am not afraid of the next life or lack thereof. I try to live everyday and take it to the next level. Or maybe I don't want to know when I am going to die?

Mar 16 06 01:47 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Jack D Trute wrote:
hey buddy,   your questions are cool but your NAME in the title.   

what the f.

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b372/jacktruth/10.jpg

Do not fight the spam man.

He can do cool stuff.

lol
I guess I want something that I can identify as MINE - lol

Mar 16 06 01:48 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

00siris wrote:

lol
I guess I want something that I can identify as MINE - lol

Ah,  don't be ass,  that is my job.

Mar 16 06 01:49 am Link

Model

Sheel

SICKLERVILLE, New Jersey, US

I mean really, living your life in content is your choice. There is always the chance that you are going to die the next day. "Live everyday of your life like it's your last". I mean yes, you do get alot of "speed bumps" on the way, but really happiness is a choice!

Mar 16 06 01:50 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Sheel wrote:
I mean really, living your life in content is your choice. There is always the chance that you are going to die the next day. "Live everyday of your life like it's your last". I mean yes, you do get alot of "speed bumps" on the way, but really happiness is a choice!

Kill me now,  another one of those positive freaks.   Are the mods sleeping again?

Mar 16 06 01:58 am Link

Model

Sheel

SICKLERVILLE, New Jersey, US

You are hating on me like crazy! I am not a positive FREAK, but just an optimist! I wasn't called sunshine on my cheerleading team for no reason! It's a general truth though!

Mar 16 06 02:00 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Sheel wrote:
You are hating on me like crazy! I am not a positive FREAK, but just an optimist! I wasn't called sunshine on my cheerleading team for no reason! It's a general truth though!

Don't sweat it! It appears that our friend Jack D. Truth is just a pooch.

Mar 16 06 06:46 am Link

Photographer

RED Photographic

Well, statistically, I probably haven't got 25 years left, as things stand, so it'd be a win win situation for me, and I'd be an idiot not to do it.

Mar 16 06 06:50 am Link