Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Doncha jsut hate it......

Photographer

Zeo

Canton, Ohio, US

when your favorite anime(s) get liscened for US distro? That usally means no more fan translations and a year wait to start over with episdoe one.

Mar 17 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Nothing burns my biscuit more than that!

Mar 17 06 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Alexei Fomin

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

you can still download the fansubs from somewhere. and if you can't find them online, network to get copies. i agree, dubbing in this country sucks because voice-acting is so underdeveloped. so i prefer to watch the fansubs (which also frequently explain the puns in the series). even Lupin the Third didn't get a decent dub.

Mar 18 06 01:17 am Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

yeah speaking of horrible dubbing AKira takes the cake.I love Anime but man they could have done better with the dubbing. that is just my opinion. although they tried to fix the problem with "fixed dubbing" still was bad. the manga is much better.

Mar 18 06 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Angelo Lorenzo

Simi Valley, California, US

My bands singer is a voice actor and has done anime. Basically they don't translate it, they just record whatever makes sense and fits with the shot.

Personally I hate the stuff, but thats the truth about overdubs.

Mar 18 06 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Zeo

Canton, Ohio, US

well they'd better not screw up bleach liek they did Akira, Its Viz BTW.  I'll accept another Naruto out of them, but they HAD BETTTER do better tehn that if they want to wow the american public..........

Mar 18 06 03:00 pm Link