Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Does anyone know......

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

What a proctographer is? Well, if you have to ask yourself about the different possibilities, I hope you would come up with these......if so, our minds are one. Our minds are one.

Is it a proctologist who does photography as a second career? I think so.

Or is it a proctologist that inserts medical scope cameras up their patient's rectal cavity to observe possible problems? Yes, maybe, but that that would be more like a webcam with stills as x rays.....

Is it a photographer who does proctology on a part time basis? I think not, because since that person's primary field is photography, then that would make him a photogolist or something. Also I'm not sure there are part time proctologists.

We won't even talk about the gerbil fanatics, who when they run out of live participants, and all that is left is a camera........ew.....no.....they are neither.....just ass burglars!

That concludes today's lesson, be well.

Mar 18 06 06:32 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Jay Farrell wrote:
What a proctographer is? Well, if you have to ask yourself about the different possibilities, I hope you would come up with these......if so, our minds are one. Our minds are one.

Is it a proctologist who does photography as a second career? I think so.

Or is it a proctologist that inserts medical scope cameras up their patient's rectal cavity to observe possible problems? Yes, maybe, but that that would be more like a webcam with stills as x rays.....

Is it a photographer who does proctology on a part time basis? I think not, because since that person's primary field is photography, then that would make him a photogolist or something. Also I'm not sure there are part time proctologists.

We won't even talk about the gerbil fanatics, who when they run out of live participants, and all that is left is a camera........ew.....no.....they are neither.....just ass burglars!

That concludes today's lesson, be well.

It's a technician that video tapes the process of the endoscope.  It's not xray, it's video, but it's saved for future viewing should something come up that needs review later (e.g., like saving an xray or MIR scan's results).

Mar 18 06 06:36 am Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

So........they'd be proctovidographers?

Mar 18 06 06:44 am Link

Photographer

HEF Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I know several physicans that are darn good photographers and they have all the
new camera equipment.  It's a status thang with them............If they would just
take the time and read the instruction manuals.  But I will say this....they appreciate
good photography and don't mind paying for it....what did that bypass cost ?

Mar 18 06 06:48 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Jay Farrell wrote:
So........they'd be proctovidographers?

No, the term is proctographer. It's not all shot in a moving video format. Some are digital still shots. /tim

Mar 18 06 06:48 am Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Tim Baker wrote:

No, the term is proctographer. It's not all shot in a moving video format. Some are digital still shots. /tim

So proctographer does have 2 meanings! Awesome! One kind does his photography in the medical office, the other pursues studio photography as a second vocation.....if they do both, maybe they could be multi media proctographers!

Mar 18 06 06:56 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Jay Farrell wrote:

So proctographer does have 2 meanings! Awesome! One kind does his photography in the medical office, the other pursues studio photography as a second vocation.....if they do both, maybe they could be multi media proctographers!

A proctographer will work in a physician's clinic/office, not somewhere else.

Mar 18 06 07:01 am Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Well if they do photography like we do here, on the side, then they are still proctographers. So if they do proctology photos in the office and come home and shoot models in a studio, then they are multi media proctographers :-) Enjoy life a little, humor is good, even if it's bad wink

Mar 18 06 07:09 am Link

Photographer

LimbSys Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Just call them ass-mappers and be done with it.

Mar 18 06 07:17 am Link