Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Help give me a Screen Name please ....

Model

sonya

Union City, New Jersey, US

Hello Fellow Dreamer's,
I need your help.I love my name but its time for change.I am trying give myself a new name, What is the first name that comes to your mind looking at me.I need first, middle (if any) and last name.Please don't be funny here lol this is serious... I really appreciate you taking the time to think about this and tell me.
S..

Mar 19 06 10:46 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

ok.  I wanted to post some funny names, but if you are really serious, then here is a serious answer:

If you are intending to build a brand around your name then it is important to find something that is unique on the Internet.  You want to get indexed at the top of the search engines. Especially google.  - So that when people search for your web site, it will be the first to come up.  The trick is to find a name that is truly unique.  The last name is most important.  Start by making a long list of names that you like and go to http://www.internic.net and do a "whois" search to see if a .com domain is available.  If it's a name that you really like, but its taken, you can get a ".us" or ".biz" or ".info" but those are not as good as a ".com" domain. Throw out the ones that already are owned.  Then go to google and search on the available names.  Throw out the ones that have lots of results.  What you ideally want is a name that you can get as a dot-com and one that is not common.  And of course, you want a name that "fits you" - but that is more of a personal decision.

BTW: Very beautiful port!

Mar 19 06 11:40 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

sonyatsen

Mar 19 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

just add an h or a z to sonya, or stick with sonya. cute names get old fast and can seem kind of aol-ish. you look really beautiful & i think people will remember you whatever name youre using.

Mar 19 06 10:32 pm Link

Model

sonya

Union City, New Jersey, US

qphotonyc wrote:
just add an h or a z to sonya, or stick with sonya. cute names get old fast and can seem kind of aol-ish. you look really beautiful & i think people will remember you whatever name youre using.

Hey,
Thanks for taking the time to think about this. You are absolutely right. People make names, Names don't make people. I am changing it only because my name carries a burden which I no longer want to carry. I hope it will go away with name change..
smile

Mar 20 06 09:47 pm Link