Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The tearsheet curse

Model

Sari

Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

I don´t know how many of you have suffered from the tearsheet curse yet. I´ll tell my story hoping to find other cursed people....

I was on cloud no. 9 to find out I´ll be featured in two books and as soon as the first one was set up on amazon I went and pre-ordered it so I´d have it as quick as possible. Some days after the release I wondered why I still didn´t get it and found out it had mysteriously disappeared from the pre-order. So ok, I ordered it again and all of a sudden it said that ordering it will take 4-6 weeks. Meanwhile the photographer started inquiring in a forum who else had problems getting the book from amazon eventhough there had been a big delivery to them.So I cancelled after some days and decided to buy it from a seller on amazon that wantetd to deliver in 2-3 days. After it didn´t arrive me a week after the order I dropped a mail asking where the hell my book is... They said they had sold out all of those and transfer my money back to me cause they don´t have any left.  So I thought "Ok, now I buy it directly from the company that is having it printed and sends it out to the stores"... I´m waiting now since 4 days for it to come...

The other book I´m in was screened on amazon as not beeing available before June, but actually was available since last week. So again I cancelled my pre-order and order it this time directly from the company that sends it out. Those say that it was send out the same day, but it still isn´t here with me.

Am I totally nuts? Do I do something wrong when ordering? Filling out that stupis order-forms isn´t that hard. Or is it just a curse that the thing you long for the most and expect the most impatient is taking the longest time to arrive?

Anyway... I try to go to a bookstore that might has at least one of the books and try to get it. If I get the 2nd of it, too I can still make it a easter-present to my Mom *lol*

EDIT: Who knows how to get rid of the curse? Do I have to bury a dead cat or throw salt over my shoulder?

Mar 20 06 09:56 am Link