Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > major makeup advise needed asap!

Model

Lexie_Leigh

Tampa, Florida, US

I model F/T and never have time for a makeup artist (which I am currently seeking one). I am not sure what to use what tone etc. Any suggestions?

Apr 28 06 08:03 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

granted i dont kno squat about make-up, but i would suggest goin to the makeup section of a department store and have someone test you there, its probably hard to tell a shade from pictures....but thats just my suggestion

Apr 28 06 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Cory S Photography

Check out any book by Kevin Aucoin.Worth every penny you spend!

Apr 28 06 09:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Cory S Photography wrote:
Check out any book by Kevin Aucoin.Worth every penny you spend!

Please keep in mind that kevins  books while very pritty to look at , ARE totally photo shopped. The results he has done may not be achived especially on your own face smile

If would hire a consultant to help you find what you need. I do make-up shopping parties and I havent had a diss satisfyed customer yet smile Sorry cant spell must sleep

Apr 29 06 01:45 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

ummm make up books leave out a TON of steps that you need to do in order to "replicate" the look that they have in there and the look will never be the same on your face as in the book.  i would simply go to a make up counter and have a consultation.  a lot of them should have some people there that know what they're doing.

Apr 29 06 01:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
Please keep in mind that kevins  books while very pritty to look at , ARE totally photo shopped. The results he has done may not be achived especially on your own face smile

totally. they are good for getting ideas if you already know what you are doing, but very hard to understand if you dont understand sculptural light and color. theres pictures in there where he says all he used is some chapstick and burgundy eyeshadow, when she CLEARLY has at least 6 more steps.

also keep in mind that different lighting situations might require different make-up... and that is something a counter person will most likely NOT understand, as very few of them have actual professional experience.

if you search the thread, you will find NUMEROUS threads about what products we all live and die for... as well as where to buy them. no MUA on this forum is going to give you straight up how to's, but if you do your research... you can probably answer yuor own questions.

As mandy said, lots of MUAs give lessons as well as beauty bag cleanout/shopping sessions.

But like I said, most of your questions can be answered through research... if you go to a counter... remeber it is their goal to sell you a look and a face... you need to tailor the products that you need to the type of modeling that you do...

Apr 29 06 08:38 am Link