Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > So...skin question

Photographer

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

I know this is SLIGHTLY off topic...but not really.

I'm a photographer, and I've got pretty bad skin...(dry, flaky, but VERY oily, with severe breakouts..)

However, lately I've been using neutrogena body lotion on my face...(yeah, I needed to...don't ask why.)  But anyways, since I've been  using this my skin has cleared up immensly, its no longer dry, although still gets oily, its MUCH more  mild as to before. (I can actually wear make up and not have it melt off from the oil) I've been doing this for a little over a month with no side effects.

My question is this. IS it bad for my skin? And should I worry about a long term problem?

May 08 06 01:25 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Is using the lotion bad for you? Nah, it's good to use something to keep your skin hydrated. Do you use any face masks or anything like that? Also, what type of cleansers are you using? These may be factors (or help out) with your acne/oil problem. Also, if you get too oily/sweaty during the day, I recommend using an oil-blotter cloth. You can buy these pretty much anywhere, but look around to make sure the ones you get are good for sensitive skin, as those are the best. Hope all this helps!

May 08 06 01:48 pm Link