Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > holding clothing in place

Model

E the model

London, Ontario, Canada

Hi,

I've got this very nice beige lace top, with opaque lining to hide the breast. However, if I move too much, the lining doesn't cover my nipples anymore. What can I do to make it cover what it needs to cover?

May 11 06 01:16 pm Link

Model

Leftpinkytoe

Portland, Oregon, US

Double-sided tape usually works... I've used that a couple of times to keep from exposing my bra in a shot.

May 11 06 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

JJD Productions

Abbeville, Alabama, US

May 11 06 01:44 pm Link

Model

E the model

London, Ontario, Canada

JJD Productions wrote:
Salute, Eloise

The other thing to do is simply use photoshop in post production to hide what should not be seen.  This is done all the time with lace lingerie that is to be shown in catalogs.  The advantage is that the fabric can move natually without being held by tape which is important if the garment is loose but the disadvantage is that you need to be able to trust the photographer and production folks that they will hide what you don't want seen.

The only thing is, it's not for a photoshoot. I intended to wear it at a cocktail party, after a fashion show... hence why I can't just 'photoshop it away'.

Where can I find double-sided tape?

May 11 06 01:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

AE ARTIST

Los Angeles, California, US

I buy the double sided tape at hot topic here in CA..it is called Hollywood fashion tape, it is see-thru though and works great!

http://www.hollywoodfashiontape.com/tips.cfm?tip=7

May 11 06 01:57 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Z D E S I G N S

Sarasota, Florida, US

I use Topstick tape for holding clothing in place in my shows and shoots. It's actually wig tape - AMAZING stuff. It's even strong enough to hold the Natural Bra on.

You can get it here, 50 strips for $3.25:
http://wardrobesupplies.com/store/m2_clothestape.html

May 11 06 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Malchow Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Eloise wrote:
Hi,

I've got this very nice beige lace top, with opaque lining to hide the breast. However, if I move too much, the lining doesn't cover my nipples anymore. What can I do to make it cover what it needs to cover?

I have heard ofa product called "Sticky-Tack". it is a fabric safe, skin safe spray on adhesive, that is used to literally stick fabrics to skin. You can get it at most theatrical supply stores, or costume stores.

Many female stars use it when walking the red carpet to keep their tops in place....

It is fairly inexpensive, and you simply peel or wash it off,  wash and clean the clothes normally.

May 11 06 04:46 pm Link

Model

ANTyson

Orlando, Florida, US

May I be the only person to suggest plain old double sided Scotch tape?

When you can dance for 6 hours, stumble home in a drunken stupor and your goodies are still inside your shirt, you know it works.

May 11 06 06:11 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

AnnieStyle

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Z DESIGNS wrote:
I use Topstick tape for holding clothing in place in my shows and shoots. It's actually wig tape - AMAZING stuff. It's even strong enough to hold the Natural Bra on.

You can get it here, 50 strips for $3.25:
http://wardrobesupplies.com/store/m2_clothestape.html

wow!  this website has tons of stuff on it.  Thanks Z Designs!

May 12 06 12:44 am Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Also, why not just cover the nipples themselves rather than adhering the top to your body? Maybe some flesh toned boobie covers.

I am really, really, really tired if you can;t tell,

Star

May 12 06 01:34 am Link

Photographer

BrooklynPhoto

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Just go with it.  Everyone has nipples, they're nothing to be ashamed of.  Or. . . try stretching the lining and stiching it in place- you may have to cut the exisiting seams.  Or, if they're popping out the top, shorten the straps.  Or, go to a fabric store and get some extra lining material and add it in.

May 12 06 02:11 am Link

Photographer

Visual E

Wellington, Colorado, US

The top is probably not defective. It was obviously designed to be loose and slightly show the breast in different angles and positions. Just wear it normally and go with it.  It will look funny if taped down.

May 12 06 02:16 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Aquanet hair spray, 99 cents at wal mart, pageant  trick.

May 12 06 04:35 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Z D E S I G N S

Sarasota, Florida, US

AnnieStyle wrote:
wow!  this website has tons of stuff on it.  Thanks Z Designs!

No problem, glad I could share it! smile

May 12 06 10:31 am Link