Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > If this was a guy, it would be called Rape

Photographer

DeSimoni

Corona, California, US

Just saw this story, about a 40 year old women who had sex with 5 high school boys. By throwing parties, supply alcohol and drugs.

Charged with 9 felonies of:
"contributing to the delinquency of a minor"

if this was a 40 year old man, doing the same. This would be called RAPE and everyone would be flipping out.

Jul 25 05 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I'm watching Drew Carey.

Jul 25 05 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

That's a common occurrence here in NJ with female teachers and it has gone below high school age. The teachers were usually in their 20's and hot.

Jul 25 05 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Didnt your daddy teach you that was kool

Jul 25 05 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Posted by DeSimoni: 
this was a 40 year old man, doing the same. This would be called RAPE and everyone would be flipping out.

(in bad Brooklyn accent):
Eh, are you freakin' kiddin' me? 'Dose boys were askin' for it! Deh were dressed like little whores! Fugettaboutit!

Jul 25 05 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by DeSimoni: 
if this was a 40 year old man, doing the same. This would be called RAPE and everyone would be flipping out.

On a serious note,  I agree.

Jul 26 05 12:05 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Eric Muss-Barnes: 

Posted by DeSimoni: 
this was a 40 year old man, doing the same. This would be called RAPE and everyone would be flipping out.

(in bad Brooklyn accent):
Eh, are you freakin' kiddin' me? 'Dose boys were askin' for it! Deh were dressed like little whores! Fugettaboutit!

LOL   Fugettaboutit

Jul 26 05 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Posted by DeSimoni: 

If this were a 40 year old man doing the same, he'd be lucky to be called a rapist.  I hear they don't look kindly upon pediphiles in certain social environments.

Jul 26 05 12:23 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Female pedophiles are kind of creepy too.

Jul 26 05 12:38 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Posted by Lapis: 

Apparently they're more socially accepted.  Didn't I read something about a patriarchal society?

Jul 26 05 12:43 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Not a single count of stautory rape? Were they under the age of consent?

Jul 26 05 02:41 am Link

Model

ErinTheArtist

Oakland, California, US

Y'know....I was in San Francisco a few days ago...and staying in a little boutique hotel room (very basic 15 channels)....and I was watching the Montel show....or Maury...or something along the lines of that. Now mind you...I VERY rarely watch TV...much less Montel at 10am, but the show had featured a story about a 47 year old woman who was sleeping and giving money to this 16 year old boy. His mom was on the show being confronted about it...and on the show itself *in full view* of everyone...the odd couple were making out. I wonder why that can happen....but if it were a 47 year old man...and a 16 year old girl...it would be treated like the felony it is. Wierd World we live in.......oh...and needless to say, the mother was pissed...and this was a reoccuring act....

Jul 26 05 03:17 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

*and now for what all the men are really thinking*

Those lucky little bastards. wink

Jul 26 05 03:22 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Posted by DeSimoni: 
Just saw this story, about a 40 year old women who had sex with 5 high school boys. By throwing parties, supply alcohol and drugs.

ROCK ON!!

lol have you seen these what these high school kids look like lately?

Jul 26 05 04:34 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Melvin Moten Jr: 
*and now for what all the men are really thinking*

Those lucky little bastards. wink

Well, if they were in a "time share" situation, I don't consider that lucky at all.

I hate waiting in lines.

Jul 26 05 04:49 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Posted by DeSimoni: 

Good luck trying to beat those felony raps.

Jul 26 05 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

In all seriousness...

As a young man in the Police Explorer program, I was almost sexually assaulted by the leader of our post. I say almost because I was able to escape the car before any physical stuff happened. I was quite shaken up and really had no idea of what to do. I mean to whom do you report a police officer who asks to touch your privates at 12 years old and be taken seriously in 1982?
Assault, sexual or not, should be taken seriously regardless of sexual identity. For us as a society to just turn a blind eye to the abuse of a young male by a older female because they are "more socially accepted" is an injustice in itself. What type of example are we setting for the young people in this country?
Just a little food for thought next time another similar news story comes on the wire, would you still feel the same/make the same comments if the victim was your brother/son/cousin?
I'm off the soap box now...

Jul 26 05 07:39 am Link

Photographer

40 Digital Photography

Tarpon Springs, Florida, US

Posted by DeSimoni: 

Do you have a link to the story you can give us ?

Robert

Jul 26 05 08:28 am Link

Photographer

Herb Way

Black Mountain, North Carolina, US

Posted by Brian Diaz: 

Posted by DeSimoni: 

If this were a 40 year old man doing the same, he'd be lucky to be called a rapist.  I hear they don't look kindly upon pediphiles in certain social environments.

There has always been a double standard that women have been in denial about.  I'm all for equality.  Let's have it in all areas.

Jul 26 05 08:35 am Link

Photographer

40 Digital Photography

Tarpon Springs, Florida, US

"Silvia Johnson, 40, entered guilty pleas on two misdemeanor counts of sexual assault and nine felony counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor."

Here is the link

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/47 … etail.html

Jul 26 05 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

First, she was charged with more than contributing, and pled guilty to two counts of Sexual assault.

Most states, Like NJ, have varying levels of offense.
Had she done this in NJ, the counts would have been sexual assault as well. (they were 15-17)
In NJ, it goes something like this....
2C:14-2.  Sexual assault.  a.  An actor is guilty of aggravated sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual penetration with another person under any one of the following circumstances:

(1)The victim is less than 13 years old;

(2)The victim is at least 13 but less than 16 years old; and

(a)The actor is related to the victim by blood or affinity to the third degree, or

(b)The actor has supervisory or disciplinary power over the victim by virtue of the actor's legal, professional, or occupational status, or

(c)The actor is a resource family parent, a guardian, or stands in loco parentis within the household;

(3)The act is committed during the commission, or attempted commission, whether alone or with one or more other persons, of robbery, kidnapping, homicide, aggravated assault on another, burglary, arson or criminal escape;

(4)The actor is armed with a weapon or any object fashioned in such a manner as to lead the victim to reasonably believe it to be a weapon and threatens by word or gesture to use the weapon or object;

(5)The actor is aided or abetted by one or more other persons and the  actor uses physical force or coercion;

(6)The actor uses physical force or coercion and severe personal injury is sustained by the victim;

(7)The victim is one whom the actor knew or should have known was physically helpless, mentally defective or mentally incapacitated.

Aggravated sexual assault is a crime of the first degree.

b.An actor is guilty of sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual contact with a victim who is less than 13 years old and the actor is at least four years older than the victim.

c.An actor is guilty of sexual assault if he commits an act of sexual penetration with another person under any one of the following circumstances:

(1)The actor uses physical force or coercion, but the victim does not sustain severe personal injury;

(2)The victim is on probation or parole, or is detained in a hospital, prison or other institution and the actor has supervisory or disciplinary power over the victim by virtue of the actor's legal, professional or occupational status;

(3)The victim is at least 16 but less than 18 years old and:

(a)The actor is related to the victim by blood or affinity to the third degree; or

(b)The actor has supervisory or disciplinary power of any nature or in any capacity over the victim; or

(c)The actor is a resource family parent, a guardian, or stands in loco parentis within the household;

(4)The victim is at least 13 but less than 16 years old and the actor is at least four years older than the victim.

Sexual assault is a crime of the second degree.

It is not called Rape.
It is not called Statutory Rape.

In the case above, She was charged with Sexual Assault, and contributing. Exactly as she should have been.

Jul 26 05 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Damn well i had a really hot english teacher is seventh grade and i never got lucky. She used to model too but i guess the attitude was different back then.

Jul 26 05 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Posted by U240Robert: 

Posted by DeSimoni: 

Do you have a link to the story you can give us ?

Robert

Forget a link,  does anyone have her number?

Jul 26 05 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Can we put things a little more into perspective here?

We are talking boys age 15-17
we are not talking 12 year olds.

At age 15, I was the kind that if it moved I wanted to screw it, and if it did not move, I would kick it then screw it. (ok, I did limit myself to females, all you pervs out there can stick your tongues back in your mouths)

If one of my teachers had offered, I would have done it, and not thought twice about it.

Females are Pyschologically different than males though. (at least here in the US)
Females are taught that her virginity is as precious as Platinum. They have been given control over guys with that philosophy.
Guys on the other hand, could care less who or how many women they bed.

Therefore, When it comes to the teenage guy sleeping with an adult female, it is viewed differently, not only by the teens, but by society as a whole, then a Teen female sleeping with an adult.

She got slammed for her acts compared to a few I heard.
One women had sex with a boy age 13 I believe it was, Got probaation for it. Slept with him again while on probation, Got pregnant, and got 2 years for it, Got out, Slept with him again got pregnant again, and they let her off the last time.

This lady is going to get a sever sentence compared to the one I mentioned.

(please do not quote me exactly on the time served etc... It is from memory from a few years back and I am too busy to research the whole thing... there is supposedly a Lifetime movie in the works!)

Jul 26 05 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Statutory rape is typically a type of sexual assault.  From the DoJ's State Legislators’ Handbook for Statutory Rape Issues:

Although commonly referred to as “statutory rapeâ€? laws, the term is not usually found in criminal statutes. Rape, sexual assault, and unlawful sexual intercourse are some of the more commonly used terms.

Also, in Coloraldo, if you are 10 years older than a minor 15-17, that's statutory rape (even if it's legal name is something else).

The point of the thread is to illustrate the different standards to which men and women are held, and to question whether such inequality is justified or moral, despite the precedents that have been set.

Jul 26 05 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by DeSimoni: 

Interesting how the text for the charges seem less severe than what it would be for a man. Then again, in cases like these, women ARE different than men. For example, has anyone heard of an older woman sexually molesting a young boy, then disfiguring his face with a razor blade, or burning cigarette holes all over his body? I haven't, but I have heard of a couple of men in my youth doing the exact same thing to their rape victims, which by the way, weren't kids, but legal aged female models.

I lost my virginity to an older woman. I had her all to myself and was in love for all of three months and yes, she also brought weed to our clandestine meetings. Luckily, there were no pregnancies, no physical violence and no mental abuse and thank god, no transferrable diseases. I wonder had my Father been alive and found out, what he would've said about it. I also wonder what my Mom would've done had she found out.

Now, that I'm a Father of four young boys, I wonder if I'd allow it. My instincts tell me no. Especially, where the older woman is supplying drugs and alcohol. However, if it was the same situation as mine, I wonder how I'd feel and how I'd react before, or after the fact. I'm almost sure I'd not approve of it. Most definitely not for any of my daughters.

For someone like me whose had the experience, luckily, a better experience, an issue like this can be tough if I were to think of it with my guy hat on, which I rarely wear anymore. I have to think of my kids futures, their well being and their character development and most of all, their health. Thus, my Dad hat is on all the time and as a Dad, I definitely would not approve of any of my children getting into situations like this, because for one, their education is more important and so is their mentality. Transferrable diseases is a major concern. These older women have been with lots of men in their time and to think that one could transfer a disease like HIV or Hepatitis C to any of my kids would make me want to kick someone's ass.

Also, I do not want any of my kids to have the mentality that it's okay for Adults to exploit minors for their personal sexual gratification. I want their mentality to be of the mind that Adults are and can be earnest about shaping our youth of today to be better leaders for tomorrow. I don't want them to have weak minds where sex and mind altering drugs overpowers their convictions, priorities and common sense.

I want them to have strong minds. If you don't want that for them too, then I want you to plant yourself many years in the future when you are old and feeble and have to depend on the public for your safety and your health care.

Imagine such a world if all the adults in that time are sex driven. You would not receive quality health care, or timely public aid and other services.

Why? Because the majority of them will be schlaffing on the jobs doing nothing but thinking about sex, or actually having sex with their co-workers in the conference rooms and communications closets when they should be working. Or worse, out there screwing your 13-year-old grandson when he should be in school.

Imagine our mighty military putting precedent to their sex drives versus protecting our nation. What a bummer that would be. We might as well put a Welcome sign for invaders.

And, oh, where is the President of that future time? He's supposed to be addressing local issues, but instead, he's in London knocking the boots with the Prime Minister's niece and the first Lady?...at some high school parking lot showing the star Quarterback how to do fisting properly.

Do you like a world like this? Shut all your shoulder devils up, because this is a case where they would be wrong.

Jul 26 05 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I must be on a roll here with the 26th post syndrome

Jul 26 05 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

Anthony Citrano

Venice, California, US

Posted by Lapis: 

it's a little hard to argue that an attraction to high school students is pedophilia.  almost all high school students are pubescent.  but i digress.

Jul 26 05 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Anthony Citrano

Venice, California, US

Posted by Brian Diaz: 
Also, in Coloraldo, if you are 10 years older than a minor 15-17, that's statutory rape (even if it's legal name is something else).

I think the age of consent in Colorado is 15 or 16.

Jul 26 05 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Laws aside, for propriety, you can always just go by the French Rule: It's ok to date someone who is no less than half your age, plus seven.

So if one is 50, then it's ok to fool around with someone who is 32, but younger is uncouth.

If one is 30, then 21.

If 80, then 47.

etc.

Jul 26 05 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Christofer Rodriguez

San Bernardino, California, US

My buddy in high school got to play with one of the lady teachers. I asked him if he'd let me have ago, but he was being a self bastard. I still envy him.

Jul 26 05 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by crod169: 
My buddy in high school got to play with one of the lady teachers. I asked him if he'd let me have ago, but he was being a self bastard. I still envy him. 

I can't help but notice that whenever it's an adolescent boy being "molested" by an older woman...the media never interviews the boy...mostly because he'd just talk about how great it was...and that's certainly not the side of the story anyone wants to hear.  I have yet to hear poor, molested Villay Fulau complain about his "horrible, degrading ordeal" with Mary Kay LeTourneau...maybe when he comes out of the honeymoon suite with her he'll tell us all about how awful it's been for him...the lucky little bastard.

Jul 27 05 04:31 pm Link