Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Some Constructive Criticism?

Retoucher

ANA_Retouching

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Hello guys! I've been retouching for a few years now, and I'm happy with the progression I've made from when I started but I look at my images and I know they could be better. I'd like to continue to improve and so I'm hoping that by posting this a few of you may take a look into my port and give me your comments, thoughts, and particularly your suggestions for where I'm going wrong, and how I could do it better?

A thank you in advance for everyone who takes time out of their day to reply to this.
Ashley

Jul 24 10 03:27 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

I like that you chose not to go for the easy route on skin.
Except your avatar (which has very little visible texture) you maintain the texture but you leave too much larger uneven areas.
It almost feels like somebody else retouched your avatar.

you also may want to add more variety and style. it would be a perfect life if all retouchers could get well lit perfect model beauty shots but in real life you get images of all sorts with different requirements.

and I say get rid of this image:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100703/15/4c2fbf2628456_m.jpg

Jul 25 10 12:42 am Link

Retoucher

ANA_Retouching

Thank you so much Koray, I really appreciate that review. I agree completely, my port does need way more variety and that's something I'm hoping to work on. And thank you for bringing the uneven skin to my attention, I will focus on that more in the future and see if it's a problem I can correct.

Thanks again smile

Jul 25 10 07:52 am Link

Retoucher

ANA_Retouching

I'm going to bump this out of hope that someone else out there will take pity on me and give me their opinions/advice on my work. It will be much appreciated as I am seriously desiring to improve my skills.

Hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday. smile

Jul 28 10 07:14 pm Link