Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > I made it to California

Makeup Artist

Pretty In Ink by Beth

Los Angeles, California, US

Well I am happy to say I made it to California , I have booked somethings, from model mayhem and through a friend who introduced me to another Lovely MUA. Any advice from some of my other MUAs in the California area on ways to network out here. I would love to assist some artist out here, but not sure how to go about that as well. Also what is a decent half day whole day rate in this area both film and photoshoots?

Jul 07 14 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

check out a gallery called Fahey/Klein.  They rep photographers.  Nice people.  let them know you want to be an assistant and if they can help pair you with some working photographers.  You can also knock on some doors over at Burgamont Station (sp).  I'm from the Philippines so my info might not be up to date.  Good luck

Nov 16 14 10:27 am Link

Photographer

MKanji

Los Angeles, California, US

If you are looking to assist and network your best bet is to go into one of the bigger agencies and have a chat with the bookers there. Rex, Cloutier, Celestine, Zenobia, Jed Root, Artmix might all be on your hit list of people to go see. A google search will probably expand that list for you more.

Nov 24 14 10:50 pm Link