Forums > General Industry > What's fair when model doesn't show up?

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Top o' the page!!

Paolo D Photography wrote:
dudes, this thread is a year old

[snip]

10 months

Jan 17 21 04:33 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
Top o' the page!!

10 months

Jan. 09th 2020 is when it was born.
As of Jan.17th 2021 thats a year and little more than a week where I come from.
This has nothing to do with the topic anymore, but only further confirms my suspicion that people somehow can't comprehend thread dates when posting.
interesting phenomenon

Jan 17 21 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Paolo D Photography wrote:
Jan. 09th 2020 is when it was born.
As of Jan.17th 2021 thats a year and little more than a week where I come from.
This has nothing to do with the topic anymore, but only further confirms my suspicion that people somehow can't comprehend thread dates when posting.
interesting phenomenon

Paolo, I notice that you posted to this thread previously (but then your post was hidden).

Jan 17 21 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Mark Salo wrote:

Paolo, I notice that you posted to this thread previously (but then your post was hidden).

if you were curious: I quoted the person who pointlessly bumped the thread and complained about a model. I removed the models # from the quote, but perhaps that was overlooked by a mod and so my post was hidden too. Basically I just said outing was against forum rules in my reply.

Jan 20 21 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Giralt Photography wrote:
I believe their sincerity and take them at their word.

Uh huh.

On a side note, interestingly enough, did you know that the word "gullible" is actually not in the English dictionary? It's one of those weird things that's actually true.

Jan 27 21 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gullible

"Yes, it's entered as a run-on at our entry for "gullible," along with "gullibly." All three of these words descend from the verb gull, meaning "to deceive or take advantage of." The verb "gull" was borrowed into English from Anglo-French in the mid-16th century."

Jan 27 21 03:35 pm Link

Clothing Designer

veypurr

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Mark Salo wrote:
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gullible

"Yes, it's entered as a run-on at our entry for "gullible," along with "gullibly." All three of these words descend from the verb gull, meaning "to deceive or take advantage of." The verb "gull" was borrowed into English from Anglo-French in the mid-16th century."

A Gull is a bird. My favorite bird is a Blue Jay. New Mexico doesn't have very colorful birds but there were Blue Jays at my grandfather's ranch.

Jan 27 21 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Shot By Adam wrote:

Uh huh.

On a side note, interestingly enough, did you know that the word "gullible" is actually not in the English dictionary? It's one of those weird things that's actually true.

Wow!  You really ought to let the Oxford dictionary know that!

https://www.lexico.com/definition/gullible

Jan 31 21 06:23 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

veypurr wrote:
A Gull is a bird. My favorite bird is a Blue Jay. New Mexico doesn't have very colorful birds but there were Blue Jays at my grandfather's ranch.

The Irish consider it good luck when a Bird craps on You.

Jan 31 21 02:16 pm Link