Forums > Photography Talk > About organizing shoots

Photographer

Sincity sounds good

Warner Robins, Georgia, US

I want to pick the brains of people here about what works when organizing a public shoot...  Does open shoots where models and photographers are welcome to come and go as they please work better than closing the shoot where everyone has to register...   What about getting models to the events..  At one shoot, the models gets tips from $20-40USD from each photographer at the end of the closed shoot.    At another shoot where it is an open shoot.  Models are TFP, but there is money distributed at the end of the shoot should they stay.    Some models leave the open shoot early to attend another events, and I understand..

Another question I had was about legal forms..  What kind of legal forms people had to wrangle..   Just a release form, park permits, or something more..

Jun 11 24 02:18 am Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

As you are getting crickets, I’ll partially answer, and ask a follow up question….

With regards to what forms you should have, you should consult a lawyer, not an on line forum, but the minimum is a liability waiver. Your insurance agent will have an opinion on that as well.   Model releases are not between an event organizer and any other party- they are between a model and an artist/photographer. Any kind of blanket release involving an event organizer would be laughably worthless from a practical standpoint.

Now, the question…what is the end goal? Is this some altruistic “Fostering the community “ effort or building up a viable business? Who is the target market?

Jun 12 24 06:27 am Link