Forums > General Industry > Friends Lists

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Well, omp has a way to track those you are interested in. It's a "Favorites" list. It's not so visible to those who do not look for it. This website is set up more like MySpace, and "yes" there are those who are "Friends" whores just like there are those who are "Post" whores on forums. It really does not bother me either way. So let's just try to get along!

Apr 20 05 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

Sponge Studio

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

I just joined, and already got two "friend" requests. It's just that, like with love, I place a lot of power behind that word and don't want to be just another addition to a list. I've seen this all over Friendster and LJ, too. If you're adding me, at least tell me why.

Also it looks like I'm rejecting somebody if I don't add them. I just don't know you yet!

Apr 20 05 06:02 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Posted by Matt: 
I just joined, and already got two "friend" requests. It's just that, like with love, I place a lot of power behind that word and don't want to be just another addition to a list. I've seen this all over Friendster and LJ, too. If you're adding me, at least tell me why.

Also it looks like I'm rejecting somebody if I don't add them. I just don't know you yet!

Same thing here... I don't know you, I don't want to add you... don't be offended.  I just like to promote the people I know I can count on without worry of "flake-i-ness." I prefer to know who's work I am backing. It's not intended as an insult if I don't add you. 

My favorites list is used for the people I really admire - but don't know. Also - to have too many people - it takes too long for all of the photos and friends list to download (I already said this once).  by then the viewer is probably asleep from waiting like me.

Apr 22 05 01:05 pm Link

Model

TinajaLove

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

I love to actually be in touch with such talent. This is a great feature!

Apr 22 05 01:41 pm Link

Model

TinajaLove

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

Hey I visited and left a comment. I want to get into more pin-up style work. I like the friends feature.

Posted by Kat Kartel: 
I love adding friends! smile
The only thing that can be a bit annoying is when people add you and dont ever message you or comment...

Apr 22 05 01:45 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

When I signed up initially, I was just approving pretty much everyone (just 'cause). Now that it looks like this thing could become overwhelming, I'm trying to pare down to people I have worked with or would like to work with. In the future, people with whim I'd like to work but probably never will because of location or whatnot will probably get cut. I'm still fiddling with this thing to decide if being particular or being magnanimous is the best way to go.

Apr 22 05 02:28 pm Link

Model

Mistress Purgatori

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I have lots of people on My list because most of them I know already and some I don't know but these are people I'd like to work w/.I always network.and it's easier keeping track of someone and their work if they are on your friends list as opposed to having to search for them.I only approve or send out friend requests to those I wish to work w/ or have already worked w/.
this way when I go to such and such state i can just email these models&photogs and let them know I'm coming to their area so we can shoot.
MP

Apr 25 05 12:06 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

I do have a lot of people on my list, now, granted, their people I've either:
a) worked with,
b) will be working with,
c) would like to work with,
d) know,
e) cosplayers (some of which would fit into letter d).

I'm traveling quiet a bit this summer, and possibly even more (don't know at this time for certain) and it helps me plan future trips to places I wouldn't normally go except that there's 5/10/etc photographers that I want to work with there.

Apr 25 05 07:43 pm Link

Model

Sadybelle

Bixby, Oklahoma, US

I seem to behaving a problem getting to my list.  That is why i have not been chatting with mine. 

Apr 25 05 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

I don't have that many, but whenever I see a model, makeup artist, photographer whose look I like, I'll seriously consider adding them as either a favorite or friend. The same goes for those I've worked with or want to work with.

Maybe I can't keep up with all of them all the time, but it's a good bookmarking mechanism.

OTOH, I don't want the whole site--that'd defeat the purpose of the sub-lists.

Apr 26 05 01:18 am Link