Forums > General Industry > Motel Room Shoots

Model

TinajaLove

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

I suppose you were at home for this one.........

Posted by Wendi Meece: 
I've done a couple of shoots in motels, but I probably won't ever do it again.  But maybe it was just the photographers I shot at motels with.  It really sucks when you have a great picture, and then look behind you to see a "nightly room rate" on the door, or when you see the "oh-so-obvious" hotel lamps.  No matter how good the photography is, something about these elements tends to make both the photographer and model look like amatures.  Now, if the photographer can shoot in a motel and it looks good, (to where you can't tell you're in a motel) then I wouldn't mind shooting in a motel again.

Apr 26 05 05:14 pm Link

Model

TinajaLove

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

I feels dirty and cheap and usually looks like it! From looking at others work.......it looks bad when it is so obvious!

Apr 26 05 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Magic Image Photography

Temple City, California, US

I have done lots of hotel shoots. They don't all have to be shot in the Hotel Room. Some nice Hotels have lots of wonderful setting to shoot aroun. You can take swim wear at the pool area you can take some nice Fashion in the dinning areas as well. Your nudes can be take in manny other locations as well you just have to be ready for the shot. I always do shoots on Hotel s when i Travel to locations away from my area. This way i can down load my images to my lap top at the hotel room. If a photographer is  proffesional enough he or she will have no problem finding a location to shoot in or around the Hotel they stey at. Bravo Magic Image Photography

Apr 26 05 05:20 pm Link