Forums > Model Colloquy > Question about athletes and modeling.........

Photographer

C U R V A C I O N

Austin, Texas, US

I had a question about athletes and modeling.... any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
I had the pleasure of photographing a 6'5" pretty blonde, blue eyed, WNBA basketball player that has a killer body on her. ( Sorry cannot name names as of right now) smile
Her agent was clueless as to how she can get into the modeling realm as well. So they asked me and I was clueless.
Are there agencies out there that specialize in athletes and modeling or what would be the best way to get her exposure as a model??
Any advice or expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Parmer
www.curvacion.com

Apr 05 08 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

C U R V A C I O N

Austin, Texas, US

bump

Apr 05 08 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

C U R V A C I O N

Austin, Texas, US

BUMP

Apr 06 08 02:09 am Link

Photographer

RiverGrizzly

Charlottesville, Virginia, US

Can she get an endorsement contract? Athletes and entertainers start with an advantage over someone, otherwise, unknown.
John ==

Apr 06 08 02:16 am Link

Photographer

Jon Scott Visual

curvacionphoto wrote:
Are there agencies out there that specialize in athletes and modeling

Yes.

Apr 06 08 08:07 am Link

Model

-Jean-

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

In Australia we call it "Fitness Modelling" and I'm sure she'd be brilliant at it!

Maybe try a general search, or asking some fitness models/fitness photographers. I'm sure they'd know some agents you could use as a starting point.

Apr 06 08 08:17 am Link

Photographer

John Fisher

Miami Beach, Florida, US

https://www.johnfisher.com/images/hillarywhitepants3s.jpg

First, she's too tall to be a model in the traditional sense (by about 6 inches). However, there are a few girls who have worked (Gabriela Reese comes to mind) because of their atheletic careers (6'3 Gabby was a model with major covers who took up volleyball and became a star at both). IMG has a track record for this, but I doubt the agent will send her there (the parent company is a sports representation agency).

Good luck,

John
--
John Fisher
910 West Avenue, Suite 306
Miami Beach, Florida  33139
305 534-9322
http://www.johnfisher.com

Apr 06 08 08:43 am Link

Photographer

C U R V A C I O N

Austin, Texas, US

John Fisher wrote:

First, she's too tall to be a model in the traditional sense (by about 6 inches). However, there are a few girls who have worked (Gabriela Reese comes to mind) because of their atheletic careers (6'3 Gabby was a model with major covers who took up volleyball and became a star at both). IMG has a track record for this, but I doubt the agent will send her there (the parent company is a sports representation agency).

Good luck,

John
--
John Fisher
305 534-9322

Thanks!!

Apr 06 08 03:01 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

The Woodlands, Texas, US

curvacionphoto wrote:
I had a question about athletes and modeling.... any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.
I had the pleasure of photographing a 6'5" pretty blonde, blue eyed, WNBA basketball player that has a killer body on her. ( Sorry cannot name names as of right now) smile
Her agent was clueless as to how she can get into the modeling realm as well. So they asked me and I was clueless.
Are there agencies out there that specialize in athletes and modeling or what would be the best way to get her exposure as a model??

Paul Parmer
www.curvacion.com

Typically you either get endorsements directly through your sport (if you get big enough, you get an sports agent), or you get a seperate modeling agent/agency like a commercial agency that gets you mostly fitness gigs.  The shortie in question, does she play here in Texas?  big_smile  Just wondering.  Anyways, yeah tell her to look for an agent to represent her either through sports or modeling.  It'll help her a ton.  If she IS Texan, let me know and maybe I can help ya'll make a list of agencies to check out depending on what city ya'll are in.  Good luck with it!  smile

Apr 06 08 03:06 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

The Woodlands, Texas, US

John Fisher wrote:

Good luck,

John
--
John Fisher
305 534-9322

It's Gabrielle, not Gabriela.  tongue  Gab is a goddess.  big_smile

Apr 06 08 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

C U R V A C I O N

Austin, Texas, US

John Fisher wrote:

Good luck,

John
--
John Fisher
305 534-9322

Well she did play for a D1 Big 12 school in texas smile and was drafted by the WNBA.... but yah I may use your help on this. Let me gather up whatever info I can get and I will keep u posted..thanks

Apr 06 08 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

C U R V A C I O N

Austin, Texas, US

Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:

It's Gabrielle, not Gabriela.  tongue  Gab is a goddess.  big_smile

I agree, I believe he meant gabrielle reece not Gabriela

Apr 06 08 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I've had some experience with this, since I owned an agency with a fitness division.

The situation depends on what outcome her agent is trying to achieve, and how successful she is.  If you would like to PM me, we can talk more about her specific situation.

Apr 06 08 04:33 pm Link

Model

Luccia

Denver, Colorado, US

curvacionphoto wrote:

Paul Parmer
www.curvacion.com

send her stuff into sports magazines.  if she is that good and looks even better when photographed doing it, i'm sure she could get published.

edit: look into agencies that have athlete models... she would definitely get signed.. she is beautiful.

Apr 06 08 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

C U R V A C I O N

Austin, Texas, US

TXPhotog wrote:
I've had some experience with this, since I owned an agency with a fitness division.

The situation depends on what outcome her agent is trying to achieve, and how successful she is.  If you would like to PM me, we can talk more about her specific situation.

Thnx.. will do

Apr 06 08 08:52 pm Link