Forums > General Industry > Just one more OMP complaint

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

Per information in another thread, I took the initiative to downgrade my account from Silver to "free". To do this, you have to cancel your subscription auto-renewal, then reactivate your account. Ok, canceling was easy. But the reactivation link leads to Cold Fusion Hell. With Firefox and IE both, I get error pages. I now have about 24 hours left until my account will be permanently expunged, and nobody is answering my email at Brett's address.

Maybe bitching here will help, who knows. wink

Apr 18 05 06:08 pm Link

Model

dpretty

Ashland, Alabama, US

Bummer...I noticed it wasn't too easy to modify your account at omp. I hope that if ModelMayhem ever charges that first their fees will be lower and second it will be easier to make changes to the subscription.

Apr 18 05 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

eses

Seattle, Washington, US

The amount of advertisement money a site like this generates is nuts. Atleast it is with myspace and Friendster. I assume this will pick up. Expecially since it has such a clean professional look to it. omp feels like bulls***.

Apr 18 05 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

You found out! omp was built with Cold Fusion, and that is one of the leading problems with the site. Programers are using php and flash a lot more, while staying away from that ancient programing language.

You gotta admit one thing .. omp has a HUGE search engine and that is worth a LOT of money in advertising dollars!

Apr 19 05 12:26 am Link

Photographer

emac

Escondido, California, US

Brett doesn't answer emails for months.

Especially if there's no money involved. That's what I found out in cancelling my membership there.

Apr 19 05 12:30 am Link

Model

Mindy

Chandler, Arizona, US

i have a platinum membership, and he still hasnt answered, but i was refered to email Kevyn.

Apr 19 05 12:55 am Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

I used the webform contact, as well. It promises an answer within 24-48 hours. Too late if it's more than 24, I'll just be written off. At least I found a way to kill the freaking email solicitation stream! smile

I've seen dozens of Cold Fusion errors in using that site, it's been pathetic in that regard from the start. I have to say I've found probably less than 10 models through omp that I ever worked with, and my membership dates to Sept '98 (#695). It's just been a good resource to know who is what, and where they are, but I live too far from most of them to ever hook up. The nearest city to me (Portland, Oregon) is a three-hour drive.

Apr 19 05 06:34 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

If you want something done, call them directly.   They already know when I'm calling.  Whenever I do, they answer, "What's up Joey?!"  lol

Apr 19 05 08:37 am Link

Model

kristi

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

trust me i did the same exact thing....i have been writing brett for 4 days and i havent heard a damn thing! i decided to downgrade to free as well...your right that was the easy part, pain in the ass to get any further than that! im trying mm out and see what it can bring me...so far i love it!
kristi
beautiful pic by the way!

Apr 19 05 11:15 am Link

Model

Mariska

Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa

I emailed them months ago about upgrading my account. I do not have paypal or a credit card. I wanted to know of other methods. No reply.

Money doesn't even seem to help

Apr 19 05 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

At least I have received a reply today. I was told to try again, but I'm receiving the same errors. Nothing new. Cold Fusion might work in a kitchen sink, but it doesn't fly well on the web.

Thanks for the echo on the problem, Kristi, and the compliment. I wish Palm Beach wasn't at the other corner of the nation from me. smile

Apr 19 05 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Steve Mills: 
I used the webform contact, as well. It promises an answer within 24-48 hours. Too late if it's more than 24, I'll just be written off. At least I found a way to kill the freaking email solicitation stream! smile

I've seen dozens of Cold Fusion errors in using that site, it's been pathetic in that regard from the start. I have to say I've found probably less than 10 models through omp that I ever worked with, and my membership dates to Sept '98 (#695). It's just been a good resource to know who is what, and where they are, but I live too far from most of them to ever hook up. The nearest city to me (Portland, Oregon) is a three-hour drive.

You think you far from everythin..aww heck you need to borrow some models...
Hugh

Apr 19 05 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

Posted by Steve Mills: 
Per information in another thread, I took the initiative to downgrade my account from Silver to "free". To do this, you have to cancel your subscription auto-renewal, then reactivate your account. Ok, canceling was easy. But the reactivation link leads to Cold Fusion Hell. With Firefox and IE both, I get error pages. I now have about 24 hours left until my account will be permanently expunged, and nobody is answering my email at Brett's address.

Maybe bitching here will help, who knows. wink

They are out of town and will be back in the office in about 10 days... I'm dealing with a serious issue right now involving one of their members and got an e-mail from the Ex. Admin, saying they will be gone for 12-14 days...that was on Sunday...

JP

Apr 19 05 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

Hugh,

I'd love nothing more. smile

UPDATE ON MY PROBLEM: My account was just manually reactivated. You know what that means, don't you? Yep, can't fix the Cold Fusion problem.

Come visit me, anyway. http://www.onemodelplace.com/photograph … m?P_ID=695

smile

Apr 19 05 02:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

I can't complain...  "Dan" from omp hopped right on it when I had a problem...  'course I knew someone that knew how I could actually reach a person by phone to voice my concern. He was quite personable with me and very understanding to my particular issue. Nope, I can't complain about omp...  of course I could go on for days about some of their members - but my mom taught me that if I didn't have anything nice to say...

Apr 20 05 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

Well, not so fast. My account was Silver, paid through September. Now I've been downgraded to Bronze, and my sole Showcase image has been deleted. All I wanted to do was turn off the auto-payment mechanism, now I've been punished for that. What else can go wrong?

Apr 20 05 03:06 pm Link

Model

Sydney Vain

Los Angeles, California, US

I also hate how the free membership option on OMP only allows your profile 4 pictures.  It also makes it hard for your page to get a lot of views

Apr 23 05 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

You need to call as well as email all those "so called" admins. I have a few numbers that I use to call, when I used to call. I have stopped calling them as I am preparing my case for discrimination, (not racial) against them.

You should send emails to: [email protected]; [email protected]; admin3, and so on and so on. Someone will respond, if they don't their probably too busy f*ck'n with someone for some stupid reason.

I had one of those dumbass admin forget that he was emailing me from his personal account. He was saying all kind of dumb sh*t and threatening me because he thought he was hiding behind his admin"x" ID because that's what he signed it as but isn't it funny that no matter what you sign your email with, if you send it from [email protected] you can't really mask that unless you're smart and we all know not many of the admins are very smart.

Apr 23 05 09:55 pm Link