Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Female Models Only Critique (HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!)

Photographer

J D R Photography

Vincennes, Indiana, US

Kate Jenkins wrote:
I would love to know your opinion(:

1.  Physical Beauty 1-10: 7
2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 6
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-6.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100111/22/4b4c1a25087be.jpg

4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-6.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100101/21/4b3edb66786b7.jpg
really not a bad image...just kinda eh as compared to the others in your port.

5.  Best Physical Attribute legs
6.  Worst Physical attribute thin upper lips
7.  Listable? nothing in my current lists
8.  Are you a 'model' or a GWBB/RA Model
9  General thoughts on your images.
Might I suggest the following?  Go out and purchase a few magazines…Redbook, Cosmo, FHM, playboy, doesn’t really matter as long as there are women inside displaying a variety of expressions on their face.  I would suggest that you try to mimic their expressions until you are comfortable displaying your own.  Also, I would suggest you create a list of expressions…sad, happy, angry, sinful, distraught, envy, greedy, sexy, lustful, etc.  Tape it to your bathroom mirror and everyday, take 5 minutes and run through that list watching yourself in the mirror.

Keep up the work you are doing.  Have fun and relax at your shoots.  Seek out as many photogs as you can.  Every tog has a different way of doing things.  The way he/she uses the lights, props, surroundings, poses, etc.  You will find things that work for you and things that do not work for you.  Learn from each experience…take the good and bad and make your own style…learn how to position your body to be the most flattering, how to place your head, your expressions, etc…always learn from the experiences.

Jan 13 10 11:10 am Link

Photographer

J D R Photography

Vincennes, Indiana, US

Alycia M wrote:
i was skipped on page 9 sad

2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 6
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090321/19/49c5a1f72212c.jpg

4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/091220/02/4b2dffc6e3b4f.jpg
I'm not sure if you/the photog were going for the soft dreamy look or if it's simpy out of focus...either way, it really doesn't work in this shot.  the Soft dreamy shots are more than just a soft focus.  It's about the hair, the make up, the pose, the surroundings, etc.

5.  Best Physical Attribute great lips
6.  Worst Physical attribute kinda on the fence here....in some of the images you seem to have chip monk cheeks.......so I don't know if it's lighting, MU or what...or maybe you do have chip mink cheeks....cute in some shots, but should be downplayed in others.
Might I suggest the following?  Go out and purchase a few magazines…Redbook, Cosmo, FHM, playboy, doesn’t really matter as long as there are women inside displaying a variety of expressions on their face.  I would suggest that you try to mimic their expressions until you are comfortable displaying your own.  Also, I would suggest you create a list of expressions…sad, happy, angry, sinful, distraught, envy, greedy, sexy, lustful, etc.  Tape it to your bathroom mirror and everyday, take 5 minutes and run through that list watching yourself in the mirror.

Keep up the work you are doing.  Have fun and relax at your shoots.  Seek out as many photogs as you can.  Every tog has a different way of doing things.  The way he/she uses the lights, props, surroundings, poses, etc.  You will find things that work for you and things that do not work for you.  Learn from each experience…take the good and bad and make your own style…learn how to position your body to be the most flattering, how to place your head, your expressions, etc…always learn from the experiences.

Jan 13 10 11:17 am Link

Photographer

J D R Photography

Vincennes, Indiana, US

Aurelia Luna wrote:
I think we are working backwards now? I was on page 9 as well...::confused::

don't be confused...it will be OK

1.  Physical Beauty 1-10: 8.5
2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 7.5
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100109/18/4b493fc11e8ea.jpg

4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100102/13/4b3fb65e3d109.jpg

5.  Best Physical Attribute lips and eyes....nice full lips...the eyes...love the color...one thing I noticed about your eyes is that your pupil opens up pretty big in low light...that's not BAD, but remember the bigger your pupile, the smaller your iris and so all that pretty color gets lost in the dark pupil...make sense?  Problem is, as you know many photogs keep their lights down low and only use the modeling lamps to get everything set and then fire the strobes...so your eyes try to adjust to the low light naturally....you MIGHT want to consider using a flashlight or a pen light and shine it in your eyes to help constrict the pupil....that toss the light away and take the image....I know it's not perfect, but it's an option...shame to lose all that pretty color. sad
6.  Worst Physical attribute nose...a bit round in general
7.  Listable? yes and have
8.  Are you a 'model' or a GWBB/RA model

when I saw your AVI, I was like...eh, it's OK...then I opened the port and saw your classic beautiful face...very pretty woman.  Would LOVE to see you do some classic pinup work.

Jan 13 10 11:27 am Link

Model

LLM

Eugene, Oregon, US

I'm up for it! smile

Jan 13 10 11:46 am Link

Model

Aurelia Luna

Carrollton, Georgia, US

Joseph Reed Photography wrote:

don't be confused...it will be OK

1.  Physical Beauty 1-10: 8.5
2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 7.5
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100109/18/4b493fc11e8ea.jpg

4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100102/13/4b3fb65e3d109.jpg

5.  Best Physical Attribute lips and eyes....nice full lips...the eyes...love the color...one thing I noticed about your eyes is that your pupil opens up pretty big in low light...that's not BAD, but remember the bigger your pupile, the smaller your iris and so all that pretty color gets lost in the dark pupil...make sense?  Problem is, as you know many photogs keep their lights down low and only use the modeling lamps to get everything set and then fire the strobes...so your eyes try to adjust to the low light naturally....you MIGHT want to consider using a flashlight or a pen light and shine it in your eyes to help constrict the pupil....that toss the light away and take the image....I know it's not perfect, but it's an option...shame to lose all that pretty color. sad
6.  Worst Physical attribute nose...a bit round in general

when I saw your AVI, I was like...eh, it's OK...then I opened the port and saw your classic beautiful face...very pretty woman.  Would LOVE to see you do some classic pinup work.

Thank you so much for your advice and opinions. They are very much appreciated and just want you to know I will keep it all in mind as I expand my port. It was worth the wait smile

Jan 13 10 12:34 pm Link

Model

Ebony Blutengel

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

1.  Physical Beauty 1-10: 6.5
2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 6
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100111/17/4b4bcca9eba41.jpg
this AVI, in my opinion is heads and tails above the others in your ports...it's soft, it's sensual, it's alluring and flirtatious.

4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090831/23/4a9cc02ebbba7.jpg
I chose thias as your worst fro a couple of reasons...1, I hate hand bras...there are so many other ways to do implied nudes without using a hand bra....hate hand bras.  Also, the vacant look on your face/expressions looks like you just didn't want ot be there taking that shot.
5.  Best Physical Attribute breasts
6.  Worst Physical attribute I know you aren't going to like this answer, but it's your tats
7.  Listable? nothing in my currnet lists
9  General thoughts on your images. Keepl working on shooting with different photogaphers...each tog has their own way of doing things, own way of lighting, own way of posing, interacting, etc.and over time you will find what works and what doesn't work for you.  I would love to see you do some classic pinup work.

When all you have, ultimately, is a head shot, your facial expression is vital to a good image.  A model cannot generally get away with a vacant look on their face.  There is a difference between vacant and non focused.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Expression has been something I've been practicing more of, my avatar is from my newest shoot and I'm glad you picked it as my best shot because it proves that my hard work is paying off smile

And the least attractive physical attribute being tattoos, I can live with that. I thought you were going to say my nose is too wide :p But to each their own. I'm pretty alternative and would definitely love to do some classic pinup with that alt twist.

Thanks again for taking the time to view my photos.

~Ebony

Jan 13 10 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

J D R Photography

Vincennes, Indiana, US

Jacquie Marie wrote:
Me please?

1.  Physical Beauty 1-10: 7.5
2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 6.5 (many of your images are more artsy/fashion/editorial...that's not wrong, it's just generally not sexy....Know what I mean?
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090225/10/49a5949be94ef.jpg

4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100103/23/4b41945382aa4.jpg

5.  Best Physical Attribute hair...nice hair...it's full and has bounce and body and has a nice shine.
6.  Worst Physical attribute kinda torn here...in a couple of the images that show your legs, they seem to lack any significant taper as they gow down...but I don't know it's it a lighting thing or a pose thing...
7.  Listable? yes...previsouly have
9  General thoughts on your images.Might I suggest the following?  Go out and purchase a few magazines…Redbook, Cosmo, FHM, playboy, doesn’t really matter as long as there are women inside displaying a variety of expressions on their face.  I would suggest that you try to mimic their expressions until you are comfortable displaying your own.  Also, I would suggest you create a list of expressions…sad, happy, angry, sinful, distraught, envy, greedy, sexy, lustful, etc.  Tape it to your bathroom mirror and everyday, take 5 minutes and run through that list watching yourself in the mirror.

inject some of your own personality into the shoots if you can.

Jan 13 10 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

J D R Photography

Vincennes, Indiana, US

LucyS wrote:
haven't been on the critique forum in a while, i'd love to hear what you think. smile

1.  Physical Beauty 1-10: 9
2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 8
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090104/18/49617667e93ec.jpg

4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-3.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/081021/21/48fe83ff26ef2.jpg
your "worst" image is much better than a lot of people on MM's worst image....it's just kinda blah as compared to the rest...soft skin, MU is nice,. lit well, just kinda boring as compared to the others.
5.  Best Physical Attribute eyes
6.  Worst Physical attribute Hmmm...this is a hard one...I'm gonna say your tushie....wanna know why?  because none of the images show the tushie...makes me think you're hiding it! smile  You're really a beautiful woman, so it's hard to say.
9  General thoughts on your images. Like them...I really don't know what to say here....I mean something tells me that you should be giving me advice, not the other way around.  I would like to see a couple of glam shots from you.

Jan 13 10 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

J D R Photography

Vincennes, Indiana, US

Lyra Bloom wrote:
I'm up for it! smile

2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 6
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/091105/21/4af3aea117d60.jpg

4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/091011/10/4ad20fe305ef8.jpg
cool idea, and love the fire, but just a bad photo

5.  Best Physical Attribute love the short hair on you
6.  Worst Physical attribute have to reserve comment here...all of your images don't show the body....and the images are far enough away or small enough to where I Can't get a clean look at the face.  So rather than just guess, I'll reserve comment.

Jan 13 10 03:05 pm Link

Model

LucyS

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

Thanks for your opinion smile.  I think the photo you chose as worst will be the next to go!

Jan 13 10 04:16 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Galasso

Los Angeles, California, US

and me ?

Jan 13 10 11:32 pm Link

Model

Vee Kaye

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

think i've been skipped on page 9. really eager to hear what your opinion is! smile

Jan 14 10 12:20 am Link

Model

Jenna Lauray

Salem, Utah, US

oh, i definitely want to play!

Jan 14 10 12:34 am Link

Model

Just Jewles

Lufkin, Texas, US

1.  Physical Beauty 1-10:7.5
2.  Sex Appeal 1-10 6.5
3.  Best image:
https://modelmayhm-9.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090207/00/498d420ebf849.jpg
like this top down look...like the shallow DOF to give teh soft focus on the breasts...well done
4.  Worst image
https://modelmayhm-9.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090207/00/498d433ab38f4.jpg
out of focus, soft, not lit well, blotchy paper...bad.
5.  Best Physical Attribute breasts
6.  Worst Physical attribute nose...kinda short and stubby
9  General thoughts on your images. like them...you're all woman and I find you pretty hot. like the diverse nature of the shots, would like to see some sheer mateiral used against your body...some classic boudoir shots.

Thanks smile

Jan 15 10 09:53 am Link

Model

Arielle LaHaye

Traverse City, Michigan, US

please & thank you smile!

Jan 15 10 09:57 am Link

Model

Robin Reames

Columbus, Ohio, US

what ya think?

Jan 15 10 02:52 pm Link