Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Where to go from here...?

Model

Zay Vassar

Syracuse, New York, US

Ok, so here it is...i'm looking to see where to go from here. I wanted to try it all..so I did.

Stock Photography, done. Fashion shoots, done. Swimsuits, done. Nudes, done.....am I missing something?...because with all that I have done... I still feel as though my portfolio is fairly weak...HELP! I need some advice.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with me.

Jan 12 10 01:35 pm Link

Model

Ash3

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Try working with a varity of photograpghers. Just because you've done one style once doesn't mean it can't be done a second time.

In fact, it may take several shoots of the same style before you find a picture that you really fall in love with.

Also, try working on your expressions and poses.

Jan 12 10 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Kira Bucca

New York, New York, US

Zay Vassar wrote:
Ok, so here it is...i'm looking to see where to go from here. I wanted to try it all..so I did.

Stock Photography, done. Fashion shoots, done. Swimsuits, done. Nudes, done.....am I missing something?...because with all that I have done... I still feel as though my portfolio is fairly weak...HELP! I need some advice.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with me.

Stock?? Where? Fashion??? Where?? Swimsuit?? Not in this port. Nudes, ok, you have done that.

Jan 12 10 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I see you looking at the camera a lot. It's the same you in all those images, so why do you have more than one of them? You should be more of a chameleon, blending into the environment seamlessly. You can still blend and be standing out. For most shots, you can be seen posing, which is not good. I shouldn't recognize that you are posing, you should just be. Find the nature of the visual environment and coexist with it. Forget about the camera, be a part of the image. You don't have to try to be the focal point of the shot. It's better if you are as much a part of the room as any well-lit chair. Does that make sense?

Jan 12 10 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

What is your goal as a model? If you want a strong portfolio, define what that means. Describe it. Use examples. It's hard to achieve a goal without knowing what it is.

Jan 12 10 11:42 pm Link