Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > How would you make me over and why?

Model

chesty

Burbank, California, US

Based upon feedback I've received in the critique forum I'm considering a new look, and possibly expanding the type of shots I want to do.

I'm open for a change... hair color, style, fashion, type of pose/shot, etc How would you re-make me and why? How would you like to "shoot" my new look? 

All are welcome to play, but be nice!

Jan 19 10 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Kollisions Studio

Los Angeles, California, US

If I were you, I'd shave my eye brows. And i'm totally serious about this. I'd keep the blonde hair but shave the eye brows. I think that would give you a really unique look.

I don't know if you ever saw DBZ when you were younger; the episodes when they transformed? I thought the look without eye brows looked cool. smile

Jan 19 10 08:45 pm Link

Model

chesty

Burbank, California, US

DearestGrudge Studio wrote:
If I were you, I'd shave my eye brows. And i'm totally serious about this. I'd keep the blonde hair but shave the eye brows. I think that would give you a really unique look.

I don't know if you ever saw DBZ when you were younger; the episodes when they transformed? I thought the look without eye brows looked cool. smile

Dearest Grudge, thank you for taking the time to respond. I always enjoy reading the advice you give others.

I must say, I hadn't even considered what you are suggesting. I am trying to vision it in my mind, and I'm coming up blank.  I am not familiar with DBZ, but I will look it up.

Would you "draw" a new liner in? What kind of fashion would you wear with it?

I'm going to Indonesia at the end of January. I may try it when I get back.  I'm going to send you a PM.

Thanks again,

Mei

Jan 19 10 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Adam W Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'd give you a make-under.

Cute look - the red lipstick has to go. first thing I see, when I look at your port from afar is the red lips then my eyes dart to your eyes then to your hair then back to the lips, eyes, hair, lips , eyes hair.

Pick one - hair , lips, eyes and keep it the way it is  - the other two, tone it down.

I'd suggest keeping the eyes - neat makeup, bring down the shade of the lipstick and dare I say , go back to your natural hair colour. the look is pretty fly for a burbank cali girl, but for an international model - bring it down a few notches.

with the lips and hair toned down I bet you'll find that your eyes pop more and then other things like your skin will come out as well which is very clear however gets lost in all the darting between the three high points.

let me know if that makes sense...

Jan 20 10 07:46 pm Link

Model

amycore

Los Angeles, California, US

If you want to keep the blonde, I would add a light/dark brown frame around your face. You'll see a big difference!

And I kind of agree with the shaved eyebrows. Pencil-ing them in or just going without would give you an edgier look.

Jan 20 10 08:12 pm Link

Model

chesty

Burbank, California, US

Adam W Photography wrote:
I'd give you a make-under.

Cute look - the red lipstick has to go. first thing I see, when I look at your port from afar is the red lips then my eyes dart to your eyes then to your hair then back to the lips, eyes, hair, lips , eyes hair.

Pick one - hair , lips, eyes and keep it the way it is  - the other two, tone it down.

I'd suggest keeping the eyes - neat makeup, bring down the shade of the lipstick and dare I say , go back to your natural hair colour. the look is pretty fly for a burbank cali girl, but for an international model - bring it down a few notches.

with the lips and hair toned down I bet you'll find that your eyes pop more and then other things like your skin will come out as well which is very clear however gets lost in all the darting between the three high points.

let me know if that makes sense...

Adam W, thank you for the thoughtful reply. Your explanation makes sense. I personally think my eyes are a stronger feature than my lips; that was my thinking when I went with the bold red lipstick, to draw attention to them.  With your explanation, I can see how it makes the photo look busy.

Here are a couple of snap shots with black hair and my natural color.
https://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL432/649897/19776446/319454983.jpg
https://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL432/649897/6485179/102068820.jpg

BTW, what do you think about shaving eyebrows as others have suggested?

Thanks again,

Mei

Jan 20 10 09:07 pm Link

Model

chesty

Burbank, California, US

amycore wrote:
If you want to keep the blonde, I would add a light/dark brown frame around your face. You'll see a big difference!

And I kind of agree with the shaved eyebrows. Pencil-ing them in or just going without would give you an edgier look.

Amy, thank you for the suggestion.  You have very beautiful eyes, btw.  I'm trying to visualize what it would look like on me, but I keep seeing the faces of the Wah Ching gangster chics I used to know, with their big hair, shaved eyebrows (penciled in), and heavy make-up...

Jan 20 10 09:12 pm Link

Model

LuminaRevanshe

Tucson, Arizona, US

I think you look really cute in this picture.

https://modelmayhm-6.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/091229/00/4b39be6a9755b_m.jpg

If you're going to keep blonde, I would actually suggest having shorter blonde hair.

Maybe like this...
https://i46.tinypic.com/v6hdv5.jpg

I could see you pulling this color off...it's not so much of a bleach blonde.
https://i48.tinypic.com/zxv9ya.jpg

Jan 20 10 10:38 pm Link

Model

chesty

Burbank, California, US

Miku Starshine wrote:
I think you look really cute in this picture.

https://modelmayhm-6.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/091229/00/4b39be6a9755b_m.jpg

If you're going to keep blonde, I would actually suggest having shorter blonde hair.

Maybe like this...
https://i46.tinypic.com/v6hdv5.jpg

I could see you pulling this color off...it's not so much of a bleach blonde.
https://i48.tinypic.com/zxv9ya.jpg

Miku, thank you for the reply. I'm not sure I could pull off a short hair look. Slightly darker hair wouldn't be bad. I've worn that color before. Do you also think I should tone my make-up down some?

BTW, I noticed on your profile, you listed Visual Kei. Do you like the music for it as well?

Jan 21 10 04:23 am Link

Model

LuminaRevanshe

Tucson, Arizona, US

_Mei_Mei wrote:

Miku, thank you for the reply. I'm not sure I could pull off a short hair look. Slightly darker hair wouldn't be bad. I've worn that color before. Do you also think I should tone my make-up down some?

BTW, I noticed on your profile, you listed Visual Kei. Do you like the music for it as well?

For your makeup, I would say just try different styles out for a while. In some pictures, you can do really dramatic makeup and in others really muted and natural looks. It mostly depends on the shoot you're doing.

Also, yes...I like the music a lot. I had a babysitter as a kid who was from Japan and she brought me back stuff all the time. (although I'm not just limited to Japanese music, I like many groups and singers from all over the world)

Jan 21 10 08:41 am Link

Model

Kaia

Dallas, Texas, US

please don't shave your brows unless you want stubble! if you want them lighter, have them professionally lightened. personally, i think you should leave them alone and go darker with your hair color. a dark mahogany violet brown would be very pretty on you

Jan 21 10 11:17 am Link

Model

Vita Femina

London, England, United Kingdom

Kaia  wrote:
please don't shave your brows unless you want stubble! if you want them lighter, have them professionally lightened. personally, i think you should leave them alone and go darker with your hair color. a dark mahogany violet brown would be very pretty on you

I agree. Unless you're an expert at drawing eyebrows back in, they could look a bit strange. I think a chocolate brown colour would look nice, and I really like your dark lips on the second snapshot.

Jan 21 10 11:22 am Link

Model

chesty

Burbank, California, US

Kaia  wrote:

Kaia, thank you for the response, and your insight about the eyebrows.  The consensus seems to be my hair would look better darker. 

BTW, I love your port. You have an incredible look. I'd love to do a shoot with you some day if you were up for it.

Thanks again,

Mei

Jan 21 10 01:34 pm Link

Model

chesty

Burbank, California, US

Vita Femina wrote:

I agree. Unless you're an expert at drawing eyebrows back in, they could look a bit strange. I think a chocolate brown colour would look nice, and I really like your dark lips on the second snapshot.

Vita Femina, thank you for your thoughts as well.  I like wearing dark lipstick, however, I've been hesitant to wear it with my lighter hair. I do think the dark make-up looks great on you!

I'm, going to visit my family at the end of the month. I will be giving serious thought to changing my hair color upon my return.

Jan 21 10 01:41 pm Link