Retoucher

J Strath

Los Angeles, California, US

Okay, so I have another retouch.  I just recently started experimenting with "levels" and I'm been practicing the heal tool all week....so tell me how you think it's going. --> http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ … 374951.png

So yes, critique please?  Any "mistakes?"  Anything you would have done differently or changed?  I think I might have over worked this image.....I dunno.  Certainly seems too bright, and a tad to "cartoonish" for my taste.  Just need more practice I guess.  It's hard though, especially when it's so difficult to get a hold of good quality, high resolution photos.  Luckily, I was able to use this really good one from Kallia!  She works with great photographers!  Practicing on bad photos completely changes the purpose of the retouching, and the type of retouching I want to get good at is well....the masterful, magazine type. XD

Feb 01 10 09:07 pm Link

Retoucher

K o r a y

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

its a bit flat around the right cheek coming from the original photo, you may want to try to add some dimension there.
also your blacks are too thick on the eyelashes and the eyes and hands are too bright.

overall I like your touch, its girly and all but I also like the original value range of the image.
If you felt like going for the geisha look just go for it fully, its in between right now big_smile

Feb 01 10 09:57 pm Link

Retoucher

J Strath

Los Angeles, California, US

K o r a y wrote:
its a bit flat around the right cheek coming from the original photo, you may want to try to add some dimension there.
also your blacks are too thick on the eyelashes and the eyes and hands are too bright.

overall I like your touch, its girly and all but I also like the original value range of the image.
If you felt like going for the geisha look just go for it fully, its in between right now big_smile

Thanks.  Yeah, I would have actually liked to have gone darker with this image or close to the original...but it was too hard to get the bright high lights to mesh well....and stuff like that.  Haha, so I just gave up and went lighter. XD  Hmm, geisha?  Cool suggestion, If I knew how, I totally would try. XD  Might experiment later. ^_^

T3T Aww, I'm a total sucker for shiny eyes.  I loves them.  Haha, but I guess when it comes to retouching, I'd be much better off keeping it simple.  I'll have to try that out next time too and save the sparkly eyes for more creative pieces. XD  Thank you so much for the input! ^_^

Feb 01 10 11:17 pm Link