Retoucher

The Photoshop Junkie

New York, New York, US

Post removed

Feb 20 10 12:55 pm Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

I think it kinda looks like a mad alien.

Feb 20 10 07:02 pm Link

Retoucher

KKP Retouching

Anaheim, California, US

As far as how it looks from a retouching standpoint, it's really good (from what I can tell with a web-sized photo).  Now, artistically, not a big fan.  It makes her eyes look super up-turned on the sides.

Other little things:  Maybe do an ear lobe reduction?  They're kind of distracting.  And one nostril is bigger than the other.

Feb 20 10 10:30 pm Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

The Photoshop Junkie wrote:
I cannot post the before because this was a job for a client but I'm wondering what do you guys think of it.

I would definitely wanna comment after I see the before look, cos the skin this one looks way oversaturated, the eyes are seeming as though they were crystals not eyes, the hair looks fake like it were a wig, and over-contoured on the cheeks. Also, the left ear lobe as the OP mentions above is distracting and not to forget the varying size of the nostrils pulls attention too. The lower lips seem too fake too. The blacks are too blacks and lack texture.

In all- Over-photoshopped image!

I am not sure if this was done to achieve some particular look, cos I recall last time you were asked to turn little girls into plastic dolls with eyes stranger than Barbie dolls on the store next door.

Feb 21 10 07:35 am Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I recall doing similar contouring/work on skin for a client 3 weeks back and I did show up the before/after to few other retouchers/photogs. here, I got a mixed response; from which I got to understand that the retouching was really awesome but I went two steps ahead with it. But alas, what can I do when the client itself wants something stupid to be done for him!

I follow this rule:

1. Download the image
2. Photoshop it and upload it for the client
3. Client critiques it
4. Client says, its not even touched
5. I over-photoshop it and repeat 1-3
6. Client says some more work here and there
7. Now, its just as scary as this one you showed up
8. Client says wow- there you got what I was talking about
9. I receive my check
10. Delete the image-raw/finished from my PC

At the end of it, I forget that I ever worked on that image! big_smile

Feb 21 10 07:41 am Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

btdsgn wrote:
I think it kinda looks like a mad alien.

This.

I meant if you was wanting to achieve this look, turn a beauty into an alien--> Great job! Superb!

I was asked to turn a black model into a dark witch, given to me was a beauty shot too!

Feb 21 10 07:43 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Feb 21 10 11:23 am Link

Retoucher

The Photoshop Junkie

New York, New York, US

Magicalla Worx RETOUCH wrote:

I would definitely wanna comment after I see the before look, cos the skin this one looks way oversaturated, the eyes are seeming as though they were crystals not eyes, the hair looks fake like it were a wig, and over-contoured on the cheeks. Also, the left ear lobe as the OP mentions above is distracting and not to forget the varying size of the nostrils pulls attention too. The lower lips seem too fake too. The blacks are too blacks and lack texture.

In all- Over-photoshopped image!

I am not sure if this was done to achieve some particular look, cos I recall last time you were asked to turn little girls into plastic dolls with eyes stranger than Barbie dolls on the store next door.

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. I'm just asking for a critique on the eye makeup not on the image as a whole. I tried a new technique on the textured eyeshadows  and just wanted to know what ya'll thought about it. I actually have two versions of this image and this it's the one the client picked. I'm going to remove the image as the client it's from MM and I don't want him to get mad after seeing that people are saying that she looks like an alien etc.

Feb 21 10 11:44 am Link

Retoucher

Ashish Arora

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Alright. I'll tell you only about the eyes:

My pick on them: The eyeball seems crystalline, somehow. The iris is great, but the aqueous looks over done. smile

As far as the eyeshadow and makeup near the eye goes- looks wonderful, good job with it. Yes, this part sure is a new technique.

Feb 21 10 12:41 pm Link