Forums > Model Colloquy > Mother/Son photo shoot??

Model

Tonya Renee

Sterling Heights, Michigan, US

I am in despirate need of photo updates and I would love to get my son started with some headshots and start a portfolio for him since he is highly intersted in theatre and singing.

Is it inappropriate to do inquire about TFP's for the both of us at the same time? Or should I just keep everything we do completely separate? I only do marketing and promotional modeling and just need updates, but would like him to get a good start in front of the camera.

Any suggestions or comments on the subject?

Sep 16 10 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Inactive Profile 76051

Grapevine, Texas, US

It never hurts to ask, especially if you are willing to provide shots of yourself that the photographer can use. There are a lot of terrific people here on MM. Try posting an availability notice. Good luck!

Sep 16 10 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Altlight Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Feb 24 21 08:53 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Tonya Renee wrote:
I am in despirate need of photo updates and I would love to get my son started with some headshots and start a portfolio for him since he is highly intersted in theatre and singing.

Is it inappropriate to do inquire about TFP's for the both of us at the same time? Or should I just keep everything we do completely separate? I only do marketing and promotional modeling and just need updates, but would like him to get a good start in front of the camera.

Any suggestions or comments on the subject?

As with everything, you get what you pay for.
If your kid is comfy going on the same set with you, I'd say go for it.
Otherwise you'd probably be wise to just book him a headshot sesh with someone who specializes in comp cards, theater, etc., since an 'art nude' or 'fashion' person will shoot decent photos, but perhaps not exactly what is needed.

May 29 21 06:01 am Link

Photographer

63fotos

Flagstaff, Arizona, US

Personally, if your son wants to establish an identity, I think he should be the only one photographed.

May 29 21 07:12 am Link

Photographer

TopFotography

Morristown, New Jersey, US

If you were in NJ I would done the TFP for both of you. I doesn't hurt to ask.

May 29 21 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

I'm thinking if she hasn't gotten those head shots in over ten years, she's probably not gonna.
#ZombieThread

May 29 21 08:56 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

JQuest wrote:
I'm thinking if she hasn't gotten those head shots in over ten years, she's probably not gonna.
#ZombieThread

lol good catch lol oops!

May 30 21 03:33 am Link