Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > OMG!I just read on facebook I was found dead..

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

How many times did Abe Vigoda die before he actually died???

https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/abe-vigoda-new.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Jan 16 23 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Rest In Peace Chris.
I remember him from back in the day. Never met him but the was a welcome part of the MM forum ish at the time.

Jan 16 23 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

There is a Twilight Zone episode somewhere in this

May 06 23 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Krpphoto

Cape Coral, Florida, US

They may have even said the autopsy was complete. Who knows !

May 07 23 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Just noticed this old post.   Chris did pass away for real early this year 2023.  :'    He was short of his 54th birthday.

I see that MM has been notified and a tribute page.  I never got to meet him, but not only did I admire his photography, but his musical abilities playing guitar.  RIP  https://www.facebook.com/cyberstorm316

May 09 23 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

I think this is the only picture I ever took of Chris...  Saw this thread again today and that made me think of it.

August 2, 2008; Tampa MM Meet & Greet.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/evidence_upload/230523/11/646d0beed3561.jpg

RIP Chris.  You were one of the good ones.

May 23 23 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

Angel House Portraits

Orlando, Florida, US

Sad news. Amazing someone remembers a decade later.

May 23 23 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

SANCTUAIRE wrote:
Careful what you post.  It may be true.

posted Dec 21 11 03:34 pm

John Jebbia  wrote:
Sadly this time it's real.. From FB:
RIP man. You were the only one on my FB feed who would banter with me about the same obscure bands I knew.

Jan 13 23 05:28 pm

"This is Stefanie, Chris’s sister. I want to make everyone aware of what has been going on with my brother. He was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer in mid-October, and he moved up to Maryland to live with me and my family the Tuesday before Thanksgiving to receive care. He enjoyed the holidays surrounded by family, watching the NY Giants, and even cooking some of his favorite meals. The last week of November, fellow musicians and close friends met him at a recording studio in Baltimore where he was in his element creating and recording music. 
With a great deal of sadness, I want to let you all know that early this morning, he peacefully passed away with our father by his side. When Chris received his diagnosis, he asked me to post on social media after he was called home. I know he had many talents and interests, and he poured his heart into his endeavors and close friendships. If you are so inclined, feel free to share how you knew my brother or a good story you have about him. Chris will remain forever in our hearts and will be dearly missed."

May 23 23 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Angel House Portraits wrote:
Sad news. Amazing someone remembers a decade later.

Sadly he had posted this back in 2011 and seemed to predict his own death earlier this year with this post from 2011.   John Lennon had worried that he would be shot someday, and he was.  Chris and I were "friends" on Facebook for a long time.  As a once active participant in the forums here, he is very much missed.   I intend to live a long life.  So far I'm doing alright with that.

May 23 23 05:33 pm Link