Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I enjoy reading all the threads on gear here and on other forums, and how folks continually are chasing the grail.  That's kewl.  No problem with it.  It is what it is.

Having said that, I'm a simple guy.  I've only ever owned 3 digital cameras in my life.  I approach most things that way. 

Simple.

When I was giving workshops, I would ship prints to the venue ahead of time, and have them hung on the walls of the conference room where I was holding the class.

Everyone would walk up to this one, and stare.  I like the image, hence the 20x24 of it in the studio.  I would always get questions about it. 

Gear questions. wink

I've always stood by my statement that all the elements are necessary to create a decent or dynamic image.  If one or two aren't up to snuff, the image could suffer.  Just my thought process on it.  Not that it's right or wrong.  Just me.

Lighting
Composition
Makeup
Props
Post work
etc...

The image below was shot with a Canon D60 and (1) AB800 w/large softbox.  To me, the makeup played just as an important role as the lighting and camera.

She was one of my senior girls, that let me played one evening to create it.

Just keeping it as simple as I can.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/060427/15/44512e98e1e66.jpg

Dec 13 13 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Los Angeles, California, US

Nice work and she looks great. I agree that there are many elements that contribute to the success of an image, and in some cases I end up feeling like I did the least out of everyone! Nothing like working with a great team smile

Dec 13 13 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

m_s_photo

Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada

Sweet. Sometimes everything just works. Like this time.

Dec 13 13 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

mophotoart

Wichita, Kansas, US

beauty is what it is....enjoy it when it happens...Mo

Dec 13 13 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

I like it.

When I want to keep it simple - no makeup, no props, no clothes, no post work. Now to me that's simple! big_smile

Dec 13 13 10:58 pm Link