Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > Video: Arthur Rackham 2d images animated

Photographer

C h a r l e s D

Los Angeles, California, US

A little video I put together using scanned Arthur Rackham prints, separated and animated. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBVz5TjcMog
It's only 37 seconds long.  My first try with AfterEffects puppet tool. 
Please enlarge to fit screen.

Dec 16 13 12:08 am Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

C h a r l e s  D wrote:
A little video I put together using scanned Arthur Rackham prints, separated and animated. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBVz5TjcMog
It's only 37 seconds long.  My first try with AfterEffects puppet tool. 
Please enlarge to fit screen.

I didn't know you could do that in AE. That's the kinda thing you want to watch sober LOL, thanks for sharing.

Dec 16 13 10:57 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

One of my favorite artists  .  .  .  who's next, Beardsley, Maxfield Parrish, Dulac, Bradley  .  .  .  wink  Nicely done  .  .  .

SOS

Dec 17 13 08:43 am Link

Photographer

C h a r l e s D

Thanks guys.  I was going to continue with Rackham first, 'cause I collect first edition Rackham illustrated books and have tons to pick from.  I'd rather like to do some line sketch animations from the really, really old children's books.

Dec 17 13 10:41 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

C h a r l e s  D wrote:
Thanks guys.  I was going to continue with Rackham first, 'cause I collect first edition Rackham illustrated books and have tons to pick from.  I'd rather like to do some line sketch animations from the really, really old children's books.

That's a collection I'd enjoy wandering through  .  .  .  artists of that era really capture my eye  .  .  .  Kay Nielson, Warwick Goble, John Bauer, N. C. Wyeth, brought books to life with their images  .  .  .  found a great museum in Maine that had a bunch of NC's original works  .  .  .  even more impressive close up  .  .  .

SOS

Dec 17 13 10:57 am Link

Photographer

C h a r l e s D

I sure love those old children's books.  I've got about a sixty different versions throughout the ages by different publishers of Grimm's Fairy Tales.
The older the story is, the darker it is.  More violent, scary, cruel, and dark.  Through the years, they pussified them considerably for today's wimpy children. 
I did buy two Rackham illustrated Grimm's books for $50.00, but they're totally thrashed.  I'm happy to have them, because the illustrations are fine, and they're what I'm really after.  The stories are right in the middle of the dark to fun changeover.

Dec 17 13 11:12 am Link