Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > The good, the bad and the ugly!

Photographer

b i r d w a l k i n g

Santa Cruz, California, US

It's another "rate the person above you" game! The rules are simple - look at the person above you's portfolio and write three things about it.

1) Good - A positive comment about the person's work.

2) Bad - Tell someone politely what they can do to improve their work or portfolio.

3) Ugly - Wild card. Say anything you'd like about the person's work (as long as it's not extraordinarily rude or hurtful, don't be a dick). Whether it's a comment about something random in a specific photo, something unrelated the person's work reminds you of, or whatever else - it can be anything you like.

I guess it starts with me first.

May 27 15 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Herbert Schmidt

Bregenz, Vorarlberg, Austria

Good: I like your "Art" approach to photography and some of your pictures clearly go into this direction

Bad: Some of your work doesn't connect with me. I just see "a picture", nothing else.

Ugly: Are you a beginner or new to photography? Seems like you have good idea but not the experience to realize them properly.

Hope that wasn't too harsh.

May 30 15 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Meisterstuecke wrote:
Good: I like your "Art" approach to photography and some of your pictures clearly go into this direction

Bad: Some of your work doesn't connect with me. I just see "a picture", nothing else.

Ugly: Are you a beginner or new to photography? Seems like you have good idea but not the experience to realize them properly.

Hope that wasn't too harsh.

1. Nice architectural images.

2. Get rid of those swords!

3. Get rid of those swords!

May 30 15 01:42 pm Link