Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > The weirdest photo in your portfolio

Photographer

Anders Loost

Richmond, Virginia, US

And that's not a complimentary eclectic kind of weird, it's the "WTF where did that idea come from??" kind of weird, aka, the one with the girl lying on the pile of cigar wrappers.

May 29 15 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Hehe!! Ok, hit me!!:-))

May 29 15 06:06 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Just do it please, you won't have any trouble at all finding one or more of those.......  smile 

If you'd like, I'll explain the logic behind whichever one you choose, since the concepts were explained to me by the photographers or artists who directed my poses.

May 29 15 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Anders Loost

Richmond, Virginia, US

GER Photography wrote:
Hehe!! Ok, hit me!!:-))

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/10092558

The title says it all, as in "did I just allow someone to take a boudoir picture of me with an assault rifle?". There's incongruity, and then there's this. This is the kind of photo that makes me feel bad for traveling full time models, who sometimes produce great work, but other times have to take gigs like this to pay the bills. Yes... weird.

May 29 15 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Anders Loost

Richmond, Virginia, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
Just do it please, you won't have any trouble at all finding one or more of those.......  smile 

If you'd like, I'll explain the logic behind whichever one you choose, since the concepts were explained to me by the photographers or artists who directed my poses.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/38643749

I'm pretty sure it would get worse if you explained the logic. I imagine the photographer's thought process was "I have a really interesting idea, it might mean something but I haven't thought about it that hard. Problem is I only have one light, a leftover king size sheet, a couple of paper plates and a Sharpie, so we will have to make do with that." Then you find out that it's not even a Sharpie, it's a 6 year old Marksalot because Sharpies are hella expensive. I also imagine the direction was something along the lines of "OK now for this one act happy! You know, like, put your hands over your head, like happy people do!" Yes... weird.

May 29 15 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Anders Loost wrote:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/10092558

The title says it all, as in "did I just allow someone to take a boudoir picture of me with an assault rifle?". There's incongruity, and then there's this. This is the kind of photo that makes me feel bad for traveling full time models, who sometimes produce great work, but other times have to take gigs like this to pay the bills. Yes... weird.

Oh boo hoo!! Anti gun drivel from someone from "San Francisco" not really suppriseing! Pitiful!

May 29 15 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Anders Loost

Richmond, Virginia, US

GER Photography wrote:

Oh boo hoo!! Anti gun drivel from someone from "San Francisco" not really suppriseing! Pitiful!

It's not so much anti gun as "anti gun-between-the-legs-in-lingerie." Guns don't kill people, people making models pose with guns in lingerie kill people.

May 29 15 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

I'll play!

smile

May 29 15 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

Anders Loost

Richmond, Virginia, US

Nor-Cal Photography wrote:
I'll play!

smile

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/p … 7#33811545

You: "Move a little bit forward"
Model: "OK"
You: "Nope, move a little bit back"
Model: "Um, OK"
You: "Now a little bit to the side"
Model: "OK, but it seems like maybe my entire face is in the shadow now?"
You: "Yes, that's the whole idea!"
Model: "But don't people think it's really weird when a dude posts photos of his junk and doesn't show his face?"
You: "No, people actually love photos like that, it's highly erotic!"
Model: "Really? Are you sure?"
You: "Yes, totally sure! Trust me!"
Model: "We're the same person, aren't we?"
You: "Yes, we are"

Weird... yes.

May 29 15 11:52 pm Link

Model

Marla Pandora

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Haha this sounds fun, go for it! smile

May 30 15 01:46 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Anders Loost wrote:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/38643749

I'm pretty sure it would get worse if you explained the logic. I imagine the photographer's thought process was "I have a really interesting idea, it might mean something but I haven't thought about it that hard. Problem is I only have one light, a leftover king size sheet, a couple of paper plates and a Sharpie, so we will have to make do with that." Then you find out that it's not even a Sharpie, it's a 6 year old Marksalot because Sharpies are hella expensive. I also imagine the direction was something along the lines of "OK now for this one act happy! You know, like, put your hands over your head, like happy people do!" Yes... weird.

Actually it was shot in a college studio with professional background and equipment.........by another MM member.

As I recall, about 30-40 people total volunteered to model nude for a student's project, which was about body image, and there was actually a web page showing all of us a few years back. The concept was simple we were supposed to draw our feelings on a paper plate rather quickly, then that would be used to cover our face while photographed. The second pose with arms raised and a happy face was to show off my underarm hair since I am very proud to remain natural, because it has helped me immensely in getting modelling assignments in a world where nearly all the female models are shaved or waxed bare everywhere. It was a lot of fun to do, and certainly a different concept than one usually sees.

May 30 15 06:03 am Link

Photographer

INKEDividuals

Seattle, Washington, US

Depending on your background, my port is full of WTF

May 30 15 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Anders Loost

Richmond, Virginia, US

Marla Pandora wrote:
Haha this sounds fun, go for it! smile

Unfortunately, the weirdness in your portfolio is largely limited to the "hmmm... weirdly eclectic" variety of weird. So it's hard to throw much stink on it. I suppose some would call that a good thing. The best I can come up with is:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/150527/01/5565873ef30ee_m.jpg

which was apparently composed to provide the viewer, at first glance, with an eyeful of your giant, firm, very pointy, and weirdly nipple-free boobs, only to realize on closer inspection that they are in fact your knees.

May 30 15 06:17 pm Link

Artist/Painter

CardboardStudios

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Should be interesting...

May 30 15 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

thirdfoots

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I'm up for it

May 30 15 11:10 pm Link

Model

Marla Pandora

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Anders Loost wrote:

Unfortunately, the weirdness in your portfolio is largely limited to the "hmmm... weirdly eclectic" variety of weird. So it's hard to throw much stink on it. I suppose some would call that a good thing. The best I can come up with is:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/150527/01/5565873ef30ee_m.jpg

which was apparently composed to provide the viewer, at first glance, with an eyeful of your giant, firm, very pointy, and weirdly nipple-free boobs, only to realize on closer inspection that they are in fact your knees.

Haha! That really made me laugh smile
Ps: love your port btw

May 31 15 01:01 am Link

Photographer

JK Photo Central

Sparta, Wisconsin, US

I'm in

Jun 11 15 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Sure!

Jun 19 15 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

eveliu

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

lol I'm up for this

Jun 27 15 05:24 am Link

Photographer

T__

BRONX, New York, US

Haha, sure.

Jun 30 15 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

PPP Photo

Naples, Campania, Italy

sooner or later it will be my turn!

Jul 01 15 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Brett Hunt

Washington Court House, Ohio, US

ok hurt me feelings lol

Jul 01 15 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

ooo that's different, i wanna try

Jul 01 15 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Anders Loost wrote:

It's not so much anti gun as "anti gun-between-the-legs-in-lingerie." Guns don't kill people, people making models pose with guns in lingerie kill people.

LOL

Jul 01 15 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

Eclectic Vision

Toledo, Ohio, US

I'm weird. I'll play.

Jul 06 15 07:18 am Link