Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > What do you think about it?

Retoucher

VictoriaSem

Brooklyn, New York, US

What do you think about it? I need your opinion)
Photographer Mikhail Yatsenko
https://s013.radikal.ru/i322/1509/3f/01478e56419b.jpg

Sep 01 15 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

With dark background and skin, this image is all about the highlights. I don't know
where you started from, the highlights on cheeks, nose and chin give nice drama,
but everything else is quite dark, there is a hair highlight, but no separation from
background, and since it's a horizontal, it has quite a bit of dark empty space.

Sep 04 15 11:29 am Link

Retoucher

Dark Rose Love

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I think the image you are starting from is a challenge. The angle shot from, her head now looks abnormally big - or her body abnormally small and malnourished. The startvation look is old. It has been very much protested so now if a model looks emaciated, anorexic, starved client going to get backlash. So we going to get better response if we make model look healthy. Heroin-thin was 1980s. Is no more what mainstream fashion wants. Israel and other countries are setting limits.

That being said, the falling off of light from her shoulders and arms only makes her look way skinnier. Subject-background separation as suggested would be your friend here.

The protruding bones, vacant expression in eyes, dry skin on body make me worry for her health. Starvation is very common in India and Africa. These are not signs of good health I see here.

Sep 04 15 06:13 pm Link

Retoucher

Adriano De Sena

London, England, United Kingdom

I'm fine with the Head size smile
I have other problem with the image.
Did you use inverted high-pass on the skin or the hair? I'm not sure if the hair is original or not but it looks fake for me!
The other thing is the makeup. The gray makeup looks desaturated .

Sep 04 15 11:23 pm Link