Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > any critiques will really appreciate

Retoucher

FKW

Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

any critiques will really apreciate
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/150902/02/55e6bae7ab7a0.jpg

Sep 02 15 02:08 am Link

Retoucher

Kami Fore

Los Angeles, California, US

I don't know what kind of filter or plug in you're using, but it makes any work you put in look terrible.

To get the HDR (HighDefRes) look, you don't need that. You just need to duplicate your original layer, go to apply image, select the image in the drop down, and go through the red/green/blue channels until you find one that fits, hit ok, then go to adjustments, then shadows/highlights and play with the sliders to get the look you want, and play with the opacity when you're done.

Then there's Natalia Taffarel's methods to achieve various affects too - http://nataliataffarel.tumblr.com/post/ … modetricks

I think that what you're doing can POTENTIALLY be a good tool for hair retouching specifically, if you're only retouching the hair on its own and not applying this to the skin, but for the skin I would not recommend this at ALL.

It looks super ultra fake.

Sep 02 15 11:47 am Link

Retoucher

FKW

thanks, i think so,the color of face look very saturated"really not good"

Sep 02 15 02:20 pm Link

Retoucher

Dark Rose Love

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

When evaluating your work, depends on purpose. If is to make her look good, you see this does not. Not such good idea for women. There are photographers who do HDR (high dynamic range) treatments for athletes, because they WANT lots of texture. They WANT ripped muscles to show. Also when doing character studies of elderly to exaggerate their aging.

As a rule, women do not like exaggerating their aging.

When evaluating, among other things, this one in particular; look at her teeth - they do not look healthy. The eye whites - they look like cartoon drawn, not realistic. Can see blackhead in ear. No no! An automobile mechanic is good in grungy style like this, not beauty, IMO. Clean beauty is better. Look in magazines what is being published now. You going for sharpness is good, but so many other things got destroyed going for the sharpness.

Sep 02 15 04:45 pm Link

Retoucher

FKW

Thank you very much, i seen it as well the teeth look not balance to the overall tone,and the eyes, you are right i use technique make vector to make it

Sep 02 15 05:56 pm Link