Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

Hello there,

Here is my first image with freckles. CC are welcome. Thank you!

https://i67.tinypic.com/f9e5nc.jpg

Apr 01 16 10:18 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

A bit too strong. Now the image says the main focus is the freckles, not the model, with a little sense of a skin health problem.
The colors are nice though! I would also clean a little more the stray hair on the right.

Hope that helps.

Apr 01 16 10:22 am Link

Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

anchev wrote:
A bit too strong. Now the image says the main focus is the freckles, not the model, with a little sense of a skin health problem.
The colors are nice though! I would also clean a little more the stray hair on the right.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your CC. I appreciate it:).
Yeah, the client wanted to concentrate more on freckles. He gave me an example with an image (a girl with red hair and freckles) retouched by Natalia Taffarel.

Apr 01 16 10:27 am Link

Retoucher

Don't praise names/brands. You have been doing this in other threads too.
Names and brands are marketing. You are not worse than anyone else. Do what you like and learn from what you do.

Apr 01 16 12:10 pm Link

Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

anchev wrote:
Don't praise names/brands. You have been doing this in other threads too.
Names and brands are marketing. You are not worse than anyone else. Do what you like and learn from what you do.

I just said what the client wanted with freckles as response at " Now the image says the main focus is the freckles, not the model, with a little sense of a skin health problem"). So I don't praise names/brands in this case. smile

Maybe I'm not worse that anyone else, but I haven't their skills. That's all smile 

"Do what you like and learn from what you do" - this is what I do every day smile

Thank you for your advices. wink

Apr 01 16 12:36 pm Link

Retoucher

Of course you have the skills. Why do you say you don't?

Do you really think others hold the pen in a some super-skilled way? Or Photoshop installed on another computer has some magic tools? smile

It's all about what you see and how you approach what you see. And you obviously know, so no need to ask for critique from anyone.

Apr 01 16 03:21 pm Link

Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

anchev wrote:
Of course you have the skills. Why do you say you don't?

Do you really think others hold the pen in a some super-skilled way? Or Photoshop installed on another computer has some magic tools? smile

It's all about what you see and how you approach what you see. And you obviously know, so no need to ask for critique from anyone.

I think is because I don't consider myself good enough big_smile

But thank you for your words. This encourage me big_smile

Apr 01 16 03:52 pm Link

Retoucher

Never aim for being good enough!

If you are "good enough" you have stopped learning, and learning is more important than knowing. Knowledgeable people are dead people. They never find anything new in life, their life is full of knowledge, respect and indulgence. That's why I told you - no authority, no names, no brands, no doing according to critique (mine included). Teachers are the end of learning. You should learn to be your own teacher without knowing it.

Apr 01 16 05:22 pm Link

Retoucher

Kami Fore

Los Angeles, California, US

The freckles don't really seem natural imo. I think you should gradually fade some of them so they look more realistic / create depth. Also there are too many yellows/oranges and she's too warm overall.

Get well acquainted with color theory. It's a cool tool to have..and is also a must.

Natalia's has reddish skin with faint blue highlights. Just play with the curves luminosity in rgb (some of it should be up and some of it should be down, grid wise, while the middle should look bumpy b/c it'll be 'luminous'/glowy), and so you can keep the contrast/brightness w/ that, and mess with all of the curves to tweak it.

Stare at it and try to extract the palette and then replicate it smile

Apr 01 16 07:25 pm Link

Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

Kami Fore  wrote:
The freckles don't really seem natural imo. I think you should gradually fade some of them so they look more realistic / create depth. Also there are too many yellows/oranges and she's too warm overall.

Get well acquainted with color theory. It's a cool tool to have..and is also a must.

Natalia's has reddish skin with faint blue highlights. Just play with the curves luminosity in rgb (some of it should be up and some of it should be down, grid wise, while the middle should look bumpy b/c it'll be 'luminous'/glowy), and so you can keep the contrast/brightness w/ that, and mess with all of the curves to tweak it.

Stare at it and try to extract the palette and then replicate it smile

Thank you for your critique. Sometimes I have problems with colors, I'm not sure which are the right colors for an image.

For freckles I used a 50% gray layer, soft light mode and a brush on them. I attached a close-up. What should I use if the freckles aren't natural ?

https://i68.tinypic.com/2nun7nk.jpg

Apr 02 16 03:00 am Link

Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

anchev wrote:
Never aim for being good enough!

If you are "good enough" you have stopped learning, and learning is more important than knowing. Knowledgeable people are dead people. They never find anything new in life, their life is full of knowledge, respect and indulgence. That's why I told you - no authority, no names, no brands, no doing according to critique (mine included). Teachers are the end of learning. You should learn to be your own teacher without knowing it.

Thank you! smile Yes, always is something to learn. Never stop doing that.

Apr 02 16 03:01 am Link

Retoucher

Kami Fore

Los Angeles, California, US

I would try to bring back the original freckles that you cloned out because she looks like she's 'spotted' opposed to 'freckled' now. I think that you should check out photos...high fashion photos..of women with freckles too for reference smile

And yeah colors are annoying lmao but you just have to study color theory and in reality it's like...super easy to understand. Basically everything based on color theory is balanced and then when you understand that, you can apply that to your images.

Apr 02 16 03:19 am Link

Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

Kami Fore  wrote:
I would try to bring back the original freckles that you cloned out because she looks like she's 'spotted' opposed to 'freckled' now. I think that you should check out photos...high fashion photos..of women with freckles too for reference smile

And yeah colors are annoying lmao but you just have to study color theory and in reality it's like...super easy to understand. Basically everything based on color theory is balanced and then when you understand that, you can apply that to your images.

I didn't cloned out the freckles. Just highlighted them. That's all.

Yeah, I must learn the color theory. smile Thank you!

Apr 02 16 03:29 am Link

Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

How is now?

https://i65.tinypic.com/263y0kl.jpg

Apr 05 16 02:19 pm Link

Retoucher

Han Sam

Guangzhou, Guangdong, China

Well, i think a bit over D&B smile Beautiful details work.

Apr 06 16 09:13 pm Link

Retoucher

Oana T

Deva, Hunedoara, Romania

Han Sam wrote:
Well, i think a bit over D&B smile Beautiful details work.

Thank you Sam! smile

Apr 09 16 04:27 am Link

Retoucher

not here

Providence, Rhode Island, US

10/10. I liked it a lot.

May 23 16 06:06 pm Link