Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > you feel old when.....?

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

you're lounging around the house wearing your PE shorts from freshman year of high school and realize theyre the same age or older than the last two girls you've dated.

I was watching Back to the Future, and realized when i was a kid in the 80s the 50's were just 3 decades earlier but seemed so distant. Now the 80's are that same distance away in time.

post your example below.

Apr 30 16 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Springfield Fotografiya

Springfield, Missouri, US

I'm old enough to have been sure that no one would make the mistake of casting Ben Affleck as the star of a superhero movie again after watching Daredevil.  But then they went and cast him as Batman in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Apr 30 16 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

When the Women You're attracted to call You Sir then it's pretty much over.

May 01 16 04:47 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I have a lot of aches and pains now, especially when I get up in the morning. My knees will ache after work, and I've already had one major joint surgery. It's fallout from my 20s, when I was pole dancing, lifting, doing acrobatics. My joints were getting cumulative wear and tear that I've just started feeling over the past couple years.

Reducing my workouts down to a max of 4 per week has helped, as well as eating a higher volume of calories and focusing on eating tons of carbohydrate. That's helped exponentially with recovery time and joint stiffness. The year I turned 30, my knees hurt so much I had to prepare myself to get up after I had been sitting for long periods of time. Now, it's just general stiffness and minor aches, mostly after being on my feet for 8+ hours. I also use arch support in my running shoes now and that's helped as well

May 01 16 06:42 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

I don't feel old.
I don't feel younger dating anyone young (er) though.
I have so too; if anything it's annoying.

May 01 16 08:26 am Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I had my children in my 30's. My youngest just turned 14. I feel old when my friends say things like, "She can't possibly be 14 already can she? Next year she will be in high school?".

I'll be 50 this year. I am not sure if I want to celebrate that fact or not. I didn't have a hard time turning 40.

May 01 16 08:39 am Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

When I listen to the "Oldies" radio station & they play the Rolling Stones. Women I've dated have grandkids.

May 01 16 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Right now I feel old. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I ask myself "who's that old man looking back at me?"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Bigsleep2.JPG

Released in 1946, a good year for me...

May 01 16 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Jim Shibley wrote:
When I listen to the "Oldies" radio station & they play the Rolling Stones. Women I've dated have grandkids.

You must be getting old Jim.  smile
I'm old but don't feel old.  I'll be cutting down trees in Northern Michigan this weekend.

May 02 16 04:29 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

When stoopid millennial boyfriend doesn't get my 'short circuit' references or doesn't know who Tina Turner is. lol

Mother once made the mistake of leaving me alone at the hairdressers when I was 6.... I talked that lady into the full Tina Turner 80's hairdo.  Good times..

May 04 16 09:21 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Dea and the Beast wrote:
Mother once made the mistake of leaving me alone at the hairdressers when I was 6.... I talked that lady into the full Tina Turner 80's hairdo.  Good times..

Must see picture!!!!!!
That is just well, great.
ha ha

May 04 16 10:51 am Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

when your balls hit the water when you sit!

May 10 16 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I just ordered a pair of glasses with progressive lenses.

May 12 16 06:41 am Link

Model

Nicolette

Houston, Texas, US

When a server you work with asks you why a wall in Berlin was such a big deal.
And the same server doesn't know who loves orange soda.

May 15 16 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

My cousins kids are graduating from college.

May 15 16 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tytaniafairy

Evansville, Indiana, US

when I am sitting editing photos and my wrists and hands go to sleep after only an hour .

May 18 16 03:07 am Link

Photographer

Tytaniafairy

Evansville, Indiana, US

also when I know an argument is a waste of time . esp with those who are under 40 . lol

May 18 16 03:10 am Link

Model

Nat has a username

Oakland, California, US

My grandma now tries to hook me up with random people in public because of my forever alone status. She pretended to need assistance at Wal mart so the "guy with the cool hair" could help her get some giant Tupperware into her cart. He worked in the tech department.

Jun 23 16 01:08 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

This year's birthday has a zero in it and that's kinda bothering me...

Jun 23 16 08:08 am Link

Photographer

wr not here

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

You feel old when some 20 year old on the internet complains that she only has a few good years left.

Jun 23 16 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

When someone says she feels old when someone younger doesn't know who loves orange soda, & you don't know either.

Jun 24 16 09:40 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Jim Shibley wrote:
When someone says she feels old when someone younger doesn't know who loves orange soda, & you don't know either.

Ants....ants like orange soda

Especially when someone spills it on a counter top and it dries.

Jun 24 16 11:28 am Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
When the Women You're attracted to call You Sir then it's pretty much over.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8f/ca/55/8fca55281f1bda8d5904b281e81739e5.jpg

Or just beginning big_smile

Jun 24 16 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

WR Photographics wrote:
You feel old when some 20 year old on the internet complains that she only has a few good years left.

Nah, that doesn't make me feel old at all. I feel bad because some 20 year old feels washed up.

Jun 25 16 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

When you take a model to dinner after a shoot and the waitress asks if your Grand daughter is old enough to drink alcohol.

Jun 25 16 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

roger alan

Anderson, Indiana, US

When a Wendy's Jr cheeseburger is a meal instead of a snack

Jun 26 16 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Graham Glover

Oakton, Virginia, US

If I'm sitting for a long time, I get up and waddle for the first 20 or so steps because, well, the bones just aren't moving yet.  I can do 20+ flights of stairs in a day, 8+ miles, 20,000+ steps, but sitting for long periods of time help remind me I've got a few miles on me.  big_smile

Jun 27 16 08:39 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Two Pears Studio wrote:
when your balls hit the water when you sit!

Ha!

I think I notice age when I realize my fingers just don't work the way they used to. Years of factory work is the likely culprit. I'm a nurse and sometimes I can't open the packages. Finally I am using other tools to help me hold things in order to tear them.

While its true that many nurses don't have fingerprints after all those years of handwashing, its also loss of finger strength and flexibility to get those darn little packages open!! For sterile instruments and so on.

Next, I realized last week that I ought to just get a full page mangnifyer too rather than limit myself to my readers. smile!!!

Jun 28 16 06:11 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I feel old when I'm no longer able to do the things that I used to.  At my age, believe me I can tell the difference!

As a model, I am nowhere near as flexible physically as I used to be and I have a strong preference for poses that are simple and easy to get into.

I also notice a big difference in getting up from a chair, as someone already said it takes longer and is more difficult to do.

Walking several miles a day as part of my job for 40+ years nearly did me in,  I just got to see a copy of the statement for the recent surgery on my leg and it was shocking.  When you have to get things fixed that you don't think should need fixing, that definitely makes you feel old.

Jun 28 16 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

When that ache in your hip - ("damn, must have pulled something" when I was younger)

Doesn't go away

And doesn't go away

and after a few months - you are

"damn, it's arthritis" sad

Jul 02 16 09:27 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Vintagevista wrote:
When that ache in your hip - ("damn, must have pulled something" when I was younger)

Doesn't go away

And doesn't go away

and after a few months - you are

shit! this is my reality now haha.

Jul 08 16 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

portraiturebyBrent

Round Rock, Texas, US

Vintagevista wrote:

When your decision whether to take a low angle shot or not is based on the objects nearby to help you get back up.

Jul 09 16 01:19 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

portraiturebyBrent wrote:

When your decision whether to take a low angle shot or not is based on the objects nearby to help you get back up.

lol

Jul 09 16 07:22 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

portraiturebyBrent wrote:

lol thats what an assistant is for!

Jul 09 16 08:50 am Link

Model

Julia Steel

Sylvania, Ohio, US

when people say "the 90's" I think of it being like 7 years ago.

Jul 24 16 10:22 pm Link