Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > What's wrong with this picture

Photographer

Four Points Photography

Austin, Texas, US

I don't claim to have amazing Photoshop skills, which is why I'm here. I feel like the somewhat major change (cut/paste) I had to make to this photo is glaringly obvious, so I'm curious if it's as obvious to others as it is to me. I will put what I did down at the bottom of this post, so if you don't want to know don't look down.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-vBkLwG9/0/O/i-vBkLwG9.jpg

space

space

The infant's face was entirely blurry so I cropped her head from another photo.

Sep 14 16 12:18 pm Link

Retoucher

paul sherwood

Halesowen, England, United Kingdom

Simple really - Your problem is the little girl face was originally lit from front whereas the Bride, older girl and old lady lighting is mainly lit from the back and front with reflected ambient sunlight. I would also guess that the little girl face was shot indoors with indoor lighting, not by ambient sunlight as other three subjects here so it does not match the group. This image is almost impossible to correct in Photoshop, I'm afraid unless you have a shot of the little girl outside in natural light or in the same location and time of day.

Nov 28 16 06:09 am Link

Retoucher

Lacroix-Retouch

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

Not a fan of doing things like this. It's all about capturing that moment. Hope this was a learning experience to still get the shot and make it work.

Jun 26 17 02:39 pm Link