Forums > General Industry > Is this Job A Scam I Received

Model

Victor Perez

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm ashamed to say that I got completely raked in and for the passed 72 hours it was all I was consumed with.  Scammers on my email. Scammers on my cell phone. Scammers telling me to Zelle $800 here. Scammers telling me to Apple Pay $750 there. Scammers telling me try Venmo. Scammers telling me it shouldn't take the bank 4-5 business days to secure funds from a legitimate business organization. Scammers telling me to go to Walmart and get cash and send in $200 increments AND to go to multiple Walmarts because there is $500 limit. In short, they thought they made a mark of me and I found out from my bank that the $1850 check that I deposited was no damn good.

Here's the email I just got from "Jackie McKenna"...

---
You have $1850 sitting down in your account for the past 2 days now and you refuse to forward the payment. If you are no longer interested in this project, go send the money at the Walmart of you get some gift cards which I can easy convert to money here. I am waiting for your swift response.

Regards
Jackie.
---

My response...

---

I’ve been to my bank and spent hours discussing this matter with the bank manager and their in-house federal check fraud investigator and they have determined that this is fraud. The check you sent me to deposit is NO GOOD. There are NO FUNDS! It was a complete ruse to scam me out of $1850.

With the help of my bank fraud team and the evidence that I have—emails, text messages, checks, attempts to move money via Zelle, Apple Pay and Venmo—I am referring this matter to the United States Attorney General’s office here in Los Angeles. I’ve already contacted the Bank and Financial Institution Fraud/Money Laundering team and plan to meet with them this week.

Also, my wife went to high school with E. Martin Estrada, the U.S. Attorney. We are meeting with him tomorrow to talk about this. I plan to send him all the emails and text messages to build their case against you and your criminal operation and put you in prison.

My advice to you is to CEASE AND DESIST contacting me anymore about this. You are nothing but a fraud and a lying piece of shit!

Go FUCK YOURSELF!!!

Jan 28 23 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Victor Perez wrote:
In short, they thought they made a mark of me and I found out from my bank that the $1850 check that I deposited was no damn good.
. . .
My advice to you is to CEASE AND DESIST contacting me anymore about this. You are nothing but a fraud and a lying piece of shit!
Go FUCK YOURSELF!!!

1) You should have known the check was a fraud. You should have known that the whole thing was a scam even before they sent you the check.

2) I guess you told them!!!

Feb 09 23 10:43 am Link