Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Are Avocados really basic?

Model

Anna Honey

New York, New York, US

Cuz I really love avocados. Once I went into Subway and asked for avocado on my sandwich and they gave me guacamole. How do you not know the difference? Plus I don't like spicy and their guac was spicy.
They said I should post basic questions here, so that's why I had to post this burning question. It's been killing me guys. I just don't feel basic, and neither should my love for avocados. It's more like fire, a burning desire.
Okay bye.

Apr 20 17 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Subway advertises their garbage as "Fresh" when in fact it's processed in a factory.  Subway stores don't even have a slicer because it all comes from the processing company pre-sliced...

... so how do you expect the $7/hr cashier to know, or even care about the difference between avocado and guacamole?

Apr 20 17 12:57 pm Link

Model

Noel Lee

Somers Point, New Jersey, US

Your love for avocados isn't basic. Avocados are a super food, which makes your love for them super... or would that mean you're super basic?? hm
Guac is amazing buut subway is sub par

Apr 21 17 10:24 am Link

Photographer

sjx

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Anna Honey wrote:
Cuz I really love avocados. Once I went into Subway and asked for avocado on my sandwich and they gave me guacamole. How do you not know the difference? Plus I don't like spicy and their guac was spicy.
They said I should post basic questions here, so that's why I had to post this burning question. It's been killing me guys. I just don't feel basic, and neither should my love for avocados. It's more like fire, a burning desire.
Okay bye.

You're right, Anna. Avocados are essential! As my momma told me: "A day without avocados is like a day without sunshine."

https://www.sjxstudio.com/mm/asja510570.jpg

May 07 17 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I'd say basic. I grew up in southern California with avocados growing in the back yard. Can't get any fresher!

May 10 17 01:16 am Link

Photographer

j francis photography

Los Angeles, California, US

The pH of avocados is in the 6.3 - 6.6 range.

So, not basic. Mildly acidic, actually.

Dec 31 17 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Springfield Fotografiya

Springfield, Missouri, US

Anna Honey wrote:
Okay bye.

You might need a better sandwich shop since Subway is pretty basic even if avocados aren't.  I prefer Panera Bread, Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches, Quiznos Subs, and Schlotzky's to Subway.

My favorite thing about the avocado is that it's also called the "alligator pear."  One serving of avocado has 40% of the Dietary Fiber, 39% of the Vitamin K, 34% of the Total Fat, 30% of the Folate, 25% of the Vitamin C, 21% of the Pantothenic Acid, 21% of the Potassium, 19% of the Vitamin B6, 16% of the Vitamin E, 16% of the Saturated Fat, etc. of the Daily Value.  So it's got to be good for you in addition to tasting good

I just checked and whether or not a Subway has avacados and/or guacamole is up to the local Subway.  Some have one or the other, some have neither and some have both.  So choose your Subway wisely or find a better sandwich shop. smile

Jan 06 18 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

There is a difference between an avocado and a product that has avocado as it’s primary ingredient. Restaurants should accurately state which it is they are using, but often they don’t.  It pays to ask and not assume.   

It doesn’t help that the government allows foods to be labeled in very misleading ways.  Most “free range” chickens never ran around outside.  “Whole-wheat” bread isn’t necessarily made from whole wheat.   Companies can also use qualified claims.  They can for example claim processed, chemically extracted vegetable oils are healthy, simply because they aren’t as bad for us as similar oils that have been hydrogenated, despite the fact many studies show that the introduction of these artificial oils has contributed to the rise of metabolic syndrome.  I recently saw a mayonnaise advertised as olive oil mayonnaise despite fact most of the oils in it were not olive oil.  Buyer beware.

Jan 07 18 09:52 am Link