Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > nee some good critic

Photographer

DanyDph

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

hi people im trying to get better at photography and retouching can you guys tell me wth do you think about my portfolio?

www.danieldavila.net

thank you

Nov 15 17 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

DanyDph wrote:
i really want that Connection that pros has with Fashion photography, because i love it...

Then seriously study fashion magazines relentlessly... Elle, VOGUE, BAZAAR... Reverse engineer the images that you find intriguing... Once you are able to reproduce same, then and only then are you ready to begin developing your own visual statement... Which needs to be consistent!

DanyDph wrote:
...my portfolio?

all over the map... Have you considered focusing on a single visual statement and develop same?

DanyDph wrote:
www.danieldavila.net

btw, you can not combine your Photographers credentials with other photographers work which you have retouched... Correct this immediately... It needs to read Retoucher (not Photographer - Retoucher). Once your photographic skills have matured then roll out a photographer's web site... hope this makes sense...

All the above being said, I enjoyed reviewing your book... I believe you "get it" when it comes to Fashion Photography however you have a ways to go to get your head around what Fashion really is... a.k.a. it is a facade one adorns themselves with to signify social code... A persona used to mask their true identity. As such fashion has developed into a multi-billion dollar industry driven by an intense desire of the populous to conform to whatever social code is in "style"

FYI In fashion photography social code is oft confused with "Lifestyle" and as such a photographer can lose touch with the underlying realities inherent in fashion design...

Best advice? You book is not gender neutral you might correct that... 30% of fashion sales is to males... don't neglect this market segment.

Of all the imagery in your book this is by far what I feel is your strongest...

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170131/14/589112dd041e3.jpg

Love this...

I wish you well on your journey Dany

Nov 18 17 12:44 pm Link