Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Crease/ glitter advice

Model

maikodance

Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if you can give me some advice.
I want to purchase a base colour (preferably multiple very light shades/because of highlighting area's) to put underneath my glitters like the example in this link https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh0vjHnjK3x/
I always have trouble with glitter make-ups. The crease removes the glitter.

Could you inform me what product to use as a base for glitter that covers eyeshadow(to get the sharp line like in the video)
Could you tell me what to watch out for when purchasing a primer for this look
And could you tell me how to get the glitter stay put in the crease aswell?

It would be amazingly appreciated if you would be willing to give me some pointers!

Have a nice day!!

Linda

Apr 24 18 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

maikodance wrote:
...It would be amazingly appreciated if you would be willing to give me some pointers!

Linda do NOT use glitter around the sensitive eye area... A scratched cornea is an EXTREMELY painful injury... There are no glitter products that are ophthalmically approved for use in the sensitive eye area... I speak from experience about a scratched cornea... Do Not put your client at risk...

btw, the Ben Nye Glitter Glue product is a know bad actor...
Do not use this product... countless rants about allergic reactions from this product...
Shame on you Ben Nye for not pulling this hazardous substance off the market...

This is another compelling reason why makeup artist should be licensed...
And indeed are in many jurisdictions... 
enough said...

Apr 25 18 06:57 am Link

Photographer

Expression Unlimited

Oceanside, California, US

glitter usually makes for a horrible photograph under any kind of lights
even sunlight and reflector

its intended for the human eye to see, shitfting  - not split second highlight which makes for a pixel look

Jul 06 18 10:51 pm Link

Body Painter

Sweet Loretta

Sacramento, California, US

American Body Art has a primer for glitter and shadows that comes in both white and netural.
Perhaps this Fixation Primer is what you are looking for - http://www.amerikanbodyart.com/fixation … s2735.html

Of course never use metal gittlers but artists are using glitter near eyes, and they are going to keep doing it because clients want the shine. There are polyester glitters and plant based glitters. And it does take extra care with photography - but posstible.

Jul 27 18 06:01 pm Link