Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Critique on my album Beauty in Decay.

Photographer

Paul_Tanner

Tucson, Arizona, US

Hello all!

I am looking for critique on my latest album Beauty in decay. It was a photoshoot done in a abandon house. Please let me know anything I could do different next time!

Thank you!

-Paul.

Jun 21 18 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Paul_Tanner wrote:
Hello all!

I am looking for critique on my latest album Beauty in decay. It was a photoshoot done in a abandon house. Please let me know anything I could do different next time!

Thank you!

-Paul.

The Focus of your series appears to be much more on the Model than on the decaying house . So given that I am going to say simply that generally 1-2 photos of the Model wearing that same outfit is sufficient for a portfolio ( unless you have some extraordiairy fashion or posing going on ) The Poses of your Model are pretty basic and there is no emoting . And your lighting is all over the place...As a photographer I think you can have done much better in all these areas ( including directing your model )

Jun 23 18 05:59 am Link

Photographer

Kris Krieg

Missoula, Montana, US

I agree with Garry, you are giving us too much to look at. I always view it as the photographer's responsibility to narrow the selection down to the best one or two shots...preferably one single shot for a wardrobe and/or scene. It's up to the photographer to look for the subtle differences of a series and really discern the differences of a photo compared to the others. Angle, expression, lighting, etc., it is up to the photographer to recognize what the image is trying to say and to understand which image says it the best.

Jun 24 18 03:19 pm Link