Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > I feel like oppertunities are rare for me.

Model

Simon van S

Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands

Hello all of you! I don't know where to begin, so I'll just start by giving some information. Since august 2017 I started to pursue a career in modelling: This means I wanted to fill my portfolio with pictures so I could send them to agencies. And by doing some test shoots and/or TFP shoots. I really want to be signed to an agency that focusses on editorial and fashion modelling, but I have this feeling that I'm missing the boat all the time and that opportunities are rare for me.

At the beginning I found it quite remarkable that male TFP model calls aren't that common. I really had to dig deep through a lot of Facebook groups in order to find TFP male model calls. Most of the time when I respond to such calls, I don’t hear something back. This happens a lot (like 9 out off 10 times) and most of the time, I would feel rejected. Ofcourse this doesn’t mean I should stop searching and responding to TFP calls. I did develop another strategy to do shoots to fill my portfolio.

I regularly do TFP shoots with a good friend, but I'm still missing out on a lot of experience on working with other people besides that friend of mine, since I've only done 2 TFP shoots so far. Since I really want to gain more experience I feel I have to do TFP shoots with people that I don’t know. But since no one wants to collaborate, it's getting quite frustrating. Any tips or constructive feedback?

The positive side is that I am finally casted to an hair modelling agency, but since I want to gain experience in a lot of different categories of modelling, I'm still eager for tfp shoots.

Jan 17 19 05:47 am Link

Photographer

DCurtis

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

You seem to have a good look.

The only thing I can suggest is to broaden your search beyond the Netherlands.

Jan 20 19 07:15 pm Link