Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Critique for foot page~

Photographer

soleof604

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Hello all,

Wondering if anyone would be kind enough to critique my page, hopefully I can gain some constructive criticism to make my photos better big_smile

Here it is >>

www.instagram.com/sole.of.604

Jan 28 19 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Kris Krieg

Missoula, Montana, US

This is an interesting challenge. I'm not sure if you want feedback regarding the execution of your work or the subject matter. A critique of a portfolio of feet seems much different than a portfolio of headshots...however, maybe it isn't. In a different forum, you asked how to give your photos more "pop". It looks as though you shoot in mostly natural light. Maybe you should apply the rules a photographer learns about headshots and apply them to feet. Sounds odd initially, but the reason photographers learn lighting techniques for headshots is to emphasize the face. Should work for feet too. Maybe the same can be said for retouching as well. Learn some lighting and retouching techniques for traditional headshots and apply them to your work.

Feb 11 19 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Kris Kreig has some solid suggestions for you.

I took a look at your Instagram. If you are going to work with their square format, crop your own compositions square before submitting and ideally when you create the image. It is cutting off compositional elements and probably not in line with your own vision.

This is by far your best image in your MM port. It stands out for the composition, the lighting, the texture. In my opinion it coudl be improved by stopping the camera down to increase the depth of field so the feet are sharp from front to back.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/190119/11/5c437befcff3b.jpg

If you needed the aperture opening to get a blur-free shutter speed you could either turn your ISO up higher or consider getting a high quaility tripod that is suited for macro/nature work. The cost will only be painful once but a high quality tripod will easily last the rest of your life if you take reasonable care of it.

Feb 12 19 09:05 am Link